- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 24 Apr 19
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 30 June 2018, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies.
As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive culture because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced individual to join our Investment Products and Strategies Fixed Income team as an Investment Director (Product Specialist/Client Portfolio Manager). The successful candidate will lead business and marketing strategy and act as investment representative for the firm's fixed income business in London focused on European Investment Grade and High Yield Credit. In addition, the candidate will help to ensure the integrity of our investment and risk management processes.
This role requires highly developed skills in marketing strategy, communication, portfolio analysis, and a solid foundation in investments. The successful candidate will be a flexible problem solver, with a can-do attitude, who is willing and able to take ownership of issues. He/she will work closely with members of the Business Development & Relationship Management Group, Fixed Income Portfolio Management, and other functional areas across the firm. This position will be based in London.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Portfolio Development & Marketing
- Contribute to the growth of the Fixed Income business by engaging with clients, prospects, and consultants;
- Assess business opportunities, and develop products and solutions where there is high potential;
- Create and implement marketing strategy, marketing materials, and investment guidelines;
- Represent portfolio managers and explain investment processes and portfolios to audiences that range widely in sophistication levels;
- Educate and consult with internal colleagues, clients and consultants on markets and portfolios;
- Differentiate and position strategies relative to those of competitors;
- Develop close working relationships with Business Development & Relationship Management colleagues.
Investment Integrity and Risk Management
- Oversee the investment and risk integrity of our portfolios on behalf of clients, in line with expectations:
Set appropriate client expectations for performance in various market environments;
Identify investment and operational risk issues and recommend process improvements.
- Manage risks to the firm in the course of business, and client negotiations.
Business Partner to Investment Teams
- Contribute actively to product development processes;
- Vet business opportunities in the context of the broader book of business;
- Work with the EMEA Business Development & Relationship Management Group on fixed income business strategy in the region;
- Manage and lead the resolution of internal business issues associated with portfolios and solutions.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
* A strong academic background, ideally including a post-graduate qualification (e.g. MBA or CFA);
* 10+ years of related professional experience, ideally gained within the Asset Management industry, or institutional investment consulting;
* Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
* A strong fixed income background: portfolio management and/or product management experience strongly preferred;
* Strong business judgment;
* Excellent quantitative and problem solving skills, and the ability to synthesize risk and perform attribution analysis;
* The ability to work independently and in a team environment, and to manage multiple priorities;
* Creativity, attention to detail and leadership skills;
* The willingness to develop knowledge of non-traditional instruments and complex investment strategies;
* A willingness to travel;
* The ability to develop and mentor the next generation;
* European language skills are a plus but not required.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .