IT Service Desk Technician- Frankfurt (18223)
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany Frankfurt am Main Hessen DE
- Permanent, Full time
- Fitch Ratings
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
IT Service Desk Technician- Frankfurt (18223)
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Service Desk is responsible for providing a high level of computing and telecommunications support, as well as implementing projects and technical initiatives for Fitch Group companies globally. There are approximately 4000 users globally, in 30 sites across APAC, EMEA and the Americas. Support and project work encompasses all sites as well as frequent interaction with IT staff in our offices in New York and Chicago.
Service Desk Analysts are primarily responsible for resolving queries that are picked up by themselves from the telephone, by ITSM tickets or have been assigned or escalated to them from one analyst to another. They are also responsible for completing various project related tasks that may be assigned to them by their manager or by the Senior Project Manager and engineers.
Service Desk Analysts are supervised by the Team Leader and report to the Service Desk Manager. The Service Desk Manager has overall responsibility for the performance and operation of the International support function and all aspects of staff management within that team.
This is a support role requiring working a shift rota (covering the operating hours of 8am - 6pm) with other Service Desk staff, although work outside these hours will occasionally be required.
- Take and resolve requests over the telephone, via the ticket queue and self-service.
- Respond and resolve requests within the specified time frame as logged in the ITSM system.
- Keep requests updated in system with progress on a daily basis including requests for escalation.
- Ensure users are kept sufficiently informed of progress throughout the lifetime of their calls through regular emails / phone calls.
- Interpret and reiterate company policies to users and technicians and enforce policy when appropriate.
- Prepare written communications and documentation.
- Undertake research and document results using MS Excel and Word.
- Develop own technical knowledge to improve ability to resolve requests.
- Work with co-workers to increase knowledge across the Infrastructure group.
- Work with other team members and small project groups to develop tools to improve Infrastructure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Act as the point person for assistance with Network and Infrastructure issues on site
- Recommend new methods or improvements based on own research, knowledge and possibly testing.
- Organise, implement and action project tasks as required within agreed timeframe.
Duties, not limited to:
- Answer telephone calls directed to the Service desk - logging and assigning to others if necessary, all calls received in the ITSM system, adhering to procedure.
- Monitor and answer requests sent to the Service Desk by email within agreed timeframe, logging and if necessary assigning, all calls received in the ITSM system, adhering to procedure.
- Review and act upon requests logged in ITSM system, within specified timeframe.
- Methodically troubleshoot problems, discussing with other technical support staff when required, to research and find solutions.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation for all user or technician processes.
- Share technical knowledge with other Service Desk staff to facilitate call resolution.
- Contact equipment vendors as required for request resolution.
- Perform user desk moves when required
- Perform user training when required.
- Liaise with local office technical point of contact at branch offices as required.
- Work with other members of the infrastructure team to resolve onsite network or infrastructure issues
- Liaise with 3rd Party providers in co-ordination of resolution/maintenance activities.
- Assist in project deployments when required.
Qualifications and experience:
- Positive can-do attitude with a mature and professional approach.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnosis skills.
- Fluent in English and German.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills. Must have the ability to listen carefully, express ideas clearly and converse comfortably with a stranger, particularly under pressurised situations either in person or on the telephone.
- Proven, excellent written communication skills - to write professional emails, communicate a range of information to staff across all levels of seniority, create documentation and write up research and analyse data.
- Strong eye for detail and a very good ability to follow procedures and implement them with users.
- Enthusiasm for and genuine interest in IT and technical support. Must also have excellent decision-making and problem solving skills to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent team working skills, ability to communicate well with others and share ideas as well as knowledge for the benefit of the team.
- Strong eye for detail and an ability to follow procedures and implement them with users.
- Must also be patient and empathetic to the issues and concerns of others.
- Strong planning and organisational skills to enable proactive management of calls.
- Methodical approach with lateral thinking ability.
- Ability to cope with demanding situations.
Technical Skills Matrix:
Desirable skills / qualifications
Experience supporting Windows 7
Experience supporting MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Experience with Apple mobile devices
Experience with Mobile Iron. Experience with Macs.
Experience with Cisco IP telephony and Cisco Call Manager
Experience application employment and / or using Altiris
Experience with supporting desktop PC and laptop hardware
Experience with Dell Optiplex, Dell Latitude and Lenovo ThinkPad laptops
Printing / scanning devices
Experience with Dell, HP and Canon range of printers and scanners
Experience with faxing and multi function devices
Anti-virus and security tools
Experience with McAfee Antivirus and HIPS
Network and infrastructure
Basic understanding of network topology, switches and infrastructure
Basic understanding of IT security concepts and practices
Graduates strongly preferred or equivalent combination of knowledge, experience, training and/or education, ITIL awareness/Foundation certificate preferred. Experience of Financial Institutions not as essential as drive and motivation.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp