EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a IT Category Manager
to join our team in Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Paris, Ile-de-France, France
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- Engage closely with business partners within the category to develop deep understanding of business goals and objectives.
- In partnership with the business, develop, influence and implement category strategies across the business, including development and execution of RFI/RFP documents; develop selection criteria and drive selection of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams; conduct supplier negotiations and ongoing supplier management.
- Drive development and implementation of an integrated set of actions that anticipate needs of the business.
- Establish a strategic roadmap (3-5 years ahead) that support the business objectives for the assigned category areas.
- Ensure supply market research data is available to support business decisions across the enterprise.
- Identify and drive new opportunities to improve category performance
- Communicate category strategies to leadership and cross-functional teams to ensure that business expectations are being met.
- Develop category strategies in concert with business partners and champion category review meetings with cross-functional team members to manage overall performance, including a review of category projections versus actual and make adjustments as needed (annual, quarterly and monthly).
- Drive consolidation/leverage of spend and seek out synergies across the enterprise where applicable; deliver annual budgeted cost savings for the assigned categories across the enterprise.
- Challenge and influence the budget owners for the business rationale and specification of required goods and services.
- Ensure that strategies, sourcing plans and actions are aligned to deliver agreed upon contributions to savings goals and recurrent spend is balanced through coordinated sourcing activities.
- Develop negotiation strategies, gain alignment from stakeholders, lead cross-functional, category-based negotiation teams, and implement appropriate supplier risk analysis. Directly negotiate with suppliers that require a detailed strategic plan and have a direct correlation with our business needs and goals.
- Develop and maintain an effective supply base that meets the needs of our business.
- Participate in strategic meetings with suppliers and business leaders to ensure execution of defined strategies. Internal point of contact for supplier management and compliant resolution; conduct regular supplier meetings and implement improvement strategies with suppliers. Create, nurture, and enhance supplier relationships.
- Benchmark, track, and analyze annual performance metrics and sourcing trends against budget to demonstrate continuous improvement and progress against strategic objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, supply chain management and at least 5-8 years of procurement, category management, supplier management experience or equivalent work experience; MBA or JD preferred.
- Outstanding relationship and communication skills with ability to collaborate and influence across levels with internal and external partners (including very senior executives in both sides) and across geographic markets. Proven ability to engage and maintain
- Stakeholder engagement - ability to engage with all levels of management within the category, to become a trusted business partner through developing a deep and thorough understanding of the business category goals and objectives as they relate holistically to the enterprise.
- Proven track record of in category management, including category strategy development, sourcing, performance management and managing supplier performance and hands on relationship building
- Demonstrated negotiation, presentation and decision making skills
- Direct experience in leading complex negotiations, including understanding tradeoffs between strategic and financial drivers and contractual protections
- Ability to successfully manage time pressure, work against deadlines, and deliver strong results on schedule; ability to prioritize based on customer or business need, urgency, and/or importance; ability to effectively integrate and align with internal business partners
- Exceptionally strong strategic thinking and planning skills, balanced with proven track record of delivering tangible results in complex and matrix work environment
- Strong initiative with ability to set stretch goals and define steps to achieve results.
- Ability to articulate difficult ideas and concepts through concise verbal and/or written communication.
- Advanced PC skills required (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.)
- Category Manager position is for Professional Services - demonstrated experience managing a Strategic Consultant category preferred.
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.