Financial Reporting & Accounting Advisory Manager - (200000JL)
Your Role Deloitte
is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies. Deloitte's Audit & Assurance
practice provides assurance on the financial and operational functioning or client's organizations by performing audits of financial figures and other data, and by reviewing the efficiency and effectiveness of processes, procedures, systems and organizations. Solving problems, offering expert insights. This is Audit & Assurance! Your Responsibilities:
Are you a finance/accounting professional thriving on technical discussions and with a passion for coming up with innovative solutions? Do you enjoy developing and motivating others?
We are seeking professionals who want to build off their existing finance/accounting/audit knowledge and use such knowledge on exciting advisory projects
that add great value to international organisations (public sector)
within their finance and accounting departments. From technical accounting issues
, to new standard implementations
, and complex transaction support
, the leaders of our practice will help you in expanding your experience base to further develop your career. At Deloitte, we provide services using an approach designed to provide the flexibility to serve the unique circumstances and complexities of our clients.
As a Financial Reporting and Accounting Advisory Manager (IPSAS/public sector), you'll assist in the delivery of quality services that exceed client expectations. You'll also be responsible for mentoring staff, providing them with developmental feedback and career guidance.
As a Financial Reporting and Accounting Advisory Manager (IPSAS), you will oversee day-to-day operations of engagements
. You'll closely work with the team to tackle accounting and financial reporting issues
, while using our cutting-edge tools and technology.
- Be a trusted advisor to international organisations (public sector) to assist with accounting and financial reporting matters;
- Assist international organisations (public sector) in preparing for and completing audits, and liaising with the auditors;
- Assist international organisations (public sector) with the accounting and reporting aspects of complex transactions, provide technical accounting advice, prepare detailed calculations and manage projects such as: financial instruments, revenue recognition and related costs, leases, capitalization of internal use software and website development costs;
- Strengthen client relationships and cultivate opportunities through excellent quality, timely execution and a strategic approach to service delivery;
- Supervise, coach and mentor all levels of staff. Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback and training. Develop and communicate workplace culture and code of conduct.
- 5-7 years of finance/accounting/audit or equivalent experience, including 2+ years relevant experience in the public sector;
- 2+ years of experience in managing and supervising teams;
- Master's degree in finance, accounting or related field;
- Strong and up-to-date technical knowledge of IFRS/IPSAS or other international accounting standards;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and French or Dutch;
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment and willingness to travel;
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve and work independently on multiple engagements;
- Proven experience in managing client relationships;
- Good presentation skills and an ability to explain complex issues clearly and succinctly;
- Strong on-the-job training skills and a desire to teach;
- Good project and time management skills;
- Ability to manage and motivate teams with team members at all levels;
- Ability to read complex documents, synthesize and summarize important facts;
- Experience in researching and clearly documenting accounting issues and applicable accounting standards;
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel;
- ACCA, ICAEW, CPA qualification or equivalent, or (interest in) actively working towards certification an asset;
- Knowledge of IT systems such as SAP an asset.
- A challenging, innovating environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- A people focused culture of continuous learning and coaching;
- An attractive and competitive salary package with fringe benefits;
- Real career opportunities.