Senior Database Administrator (Oracle/SQL)
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Permanent, Full time
- Arab Banking Corporation
- 20 Feb 19
Scope of the Job
- Strong architecture knowledge in Oracle & SQL server database.
- Primarily responsible for Oracle/SQL Server database availability across 24/7 *365 days
- Must have hands on in Oracle/SQL Server database on mission critical production and Test environment.
- Strong administration knowledge of oracle database on Solaris, Windows, AIX, Linux Platform.
- Should be able to configure Oracle Real Application Cluster, Knowledge of clusterware process.
- Troubleshooting SCAN listener issues, clusterware issues, voting disk mismatches etc.,
- Administration of ASM related activities such as addition/deletion of disks/diskgroups and disk rebalancing activity etc.,
- Should have worked on implementing the Database security features like TDE, wallets etc.,
- Knowledge on Oracle Label security and Database vault.
- Knowledge on oracle 12c database multitenant concepts and enhancement, new features etc. Hands on experience would be plus
- Able to deal with Oracle internal errors like ora600, ora7445 etc. proactively.
- Manage the database alerts, trace files and dump files for any errors and for error need to respond proactively before it causes damage.
- Should have worked on various database backup and restore mechanism such as RMAN, exp/imp, Expdp and Impdp, integration of NetBackup and other backup tools.
- Maintenance of datafile/tablespace such as size growth and relative file system size related to Database.
- Managing the DB user accounts and grants/revoke with appropriate privileges as per bank standard/security policies.
- Must be able to perform day to day DBA / Operational tasks, periodically update and maintain them as well.
- Should be able to setup Data guard and active dataguard between DC, Local-DC and DRC.
- Must able to manage ODG setup, also resolving various issues like sync gap, archive log corruption etc.
- Applying latest releases of RDBMS patches from Oracle on Production and Test instance to resolve bug fixes, security fixes and application issues.
- Should have used Database Tuning utilities like ADDM, AWR and ASH report etc.,
- Configure and maintain SQL Server database, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- SQL Server configuration of user defined databases, Logins, roles, security etc. as required by application.
- Configuration of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Hands on experience on SQL Server backups, restores and recovery models
- Added advantage if working on banking domain and exposure on banking applications
- Should have basic working knowledge on operating system such as Solaris, Linux, Windows etc.,
- Should be able to work as a team and rotational shifts.
Areas of Knowledge / Experience
- Database Administration experience in Managing both critical and test databases.
- Should have worked on Banking domain / Financial Sector.
- Working Knowledge on Banking Application.
- IT Certifications in Oracle / SQL Server
- Non-IT certifications PMP, ITIL is plus.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Oracle and SQL Database Administration.