IT operations and Control-M Specialist
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Permanent, Full time
- Arab Banking Corporation
- 20 Feb 19
Scope of the Job
Should have hands on in Control M batch job operations
- Manage all IT operations jobs like End of Days, Start of Days, File transfers etc. Via Control-M.
- Move all remaining manual tasks to Control-M
- Should be able to lead Shifts for IT Operations in a Banking Domain
- Control-M application software Installation, Configuration, Deployment and upgrades
- Manage any Control-M improvement projects related to automation and best practice
- Be part of various Banking application projects and automate tasks required on that applications.
- Ability to write various scripts in Solaris, Linux, Windows PowerShell and incorporating them in Control-M for smooth automatic work Flow
- Manage CONTROL-M Servers/agents using CONTROL-M/Enterprise Manager
- Install and manage Control-M modules i.e., Control-M for backups, Control-M for OS, Control-M for Database, Control M for applications.
- Implementation of Control-M/EM Security Options for user and groups.
- Installing Control-M Server, EM and Agents (Windows, Unix and Linux) along with monitoring and troubleshooting
- Coordinate with Control-M Job Owners in analyzing and troubleshooting issues
- Manager (EM) and CONTROL-M database maintenance
- Install and upgrade of fix packs across control M applications,
- Create reports using the CONTROL-M/EM Reporting Facility, use of utilities like Crystal reports to get the required data for reports to be distributed to higher management
- Should have hands on in managing the database like Oracle and SQL Server. Should be able to perform tasks like create user, adding datafile, tablespace on oracle database as on required.
- Proactively monitor database alert log, file system size, CPU, memory and escalate to shift for further action.
- Backup and Restore operations using various backup software vendors especially NETBACKUP and VEEAM
- Integration of backup software with control M and DB for faster backup mechanism.
- Should be work and manage the Operating system like Solaris, Linux, Aix and Windows.
Areas of Knowledge / Experience
- Data Center Operations experience in monitoring, incident handling and escalation for Control-M jobs
- Should have worked on Banking domain / Financial institutions.
- Working BASIC Knowledge on DB like Oracle, SQL Server and any backup software
- Knowledge of reporting tools like Crystal report
- IT Certifications in Control M and Basic/Associate level certification Oracle / SQL Server
- Non-IT certifications PMP, ITIL is plus.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in Control M and IT operations.