IT Infrastructure Administrator
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Permanent, Full time
- Arab Banking Corporation
- 17 Apr 19
The system/Infrastructure administrator is responsible for administering Citrix platform and office automation technologies installed in the bank. This role also includes server or desktop virtualization, OS installation, administration and configuration, coordination, control, hardening, maintenance, backup, troubleshooting, server security and usage monitoring for on-premise and private cloud environments.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
As the Windows technologies and Citrix administrator, lead in ensuring secure, reliable, highly available and scalable infrastructure environment for allocated applications. Some core responsibilities include:
- Administer and support the bank’s Citrix infrastructure and ensure support SLA’s/OLA’s with business units locally & Group Offices are met.
- Support the bank’s voice recording system/software installed for business units in Head Office (except Treasury front-office).
- Administer corporate Active Directory forest, internal DNS & DHCP servers.
- Install, configure and maintain servers in accordance with ABC policies, guidelines and procedures
- Support BABC backup System including media and offsite storage.
- Monitor and manage system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Manage & support the bank’s SAN solution (Storage Area Network) and Blades Servers including capacity planning
- Report high severity problems and any unplanned system outages to GHITI immediately and ensure that the incident management process is followed.
- Perform root cause analysis on Infrastructure issues and prepare detailed incident reports for high severity problems or as directed by GHITI.
As the asset and software license administrator:
- Assists with procurement of IT assets and software licenses when requested.
- Administer assets and Software License Database through the implemented Asset Management tool – Hardware and Software to include licenses, warranties, maintenance contracts, and vendor agreement.
- Maintain a consolidated inventory list ensuring up-to-date and accurate information.
- Develop, implement and follow procedures for tagging and tracking ABC assets, their locations and owners thought their life cycle.
- Assist other units and IT staff in developing and maintain local/unit level inventories
- Performs asset disposal tasks in line with corporate asset policies.
- Performs periodic asset discovery and software license reviews.
- Ensure licenses are compliant with vendor usage specifications.
- Provide IT Inventory assets details to IT Audit, Information Security and other internal/external assurance areas when requested.
Other accountabilities include:
- Participate as a team member in assigned projects from project inception to closure and ensure project delivery within allocated budget and stipulated timeframes.
- Develop technical standards documentation including operational procedures.
- Hardening of all applications and Windows Server operating systems supported by Infrastructure team in line with Information Security baseline policies.
- Infrastructure project management which includes ensuring projects are completed within budgeted guidelines and maintain best practices adhering to industry standards.
- Ensure 24x7 availability of assigned applications and services.
- Maintain order of scheduled maintenance tasks.
- Perform or assist in troubleshooting and diagnosing production problems; correct identified problems.
- Perform system security related tasks as outlined in ABC policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Test, Deploy and manage modern technologies in the server administration arena adopted by the bank.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information System
- Advanced certification in virtualization technologies such Citrix (preferred) or VMware.
- MCSE, MCSA or MOS certification desired.
- 3 - 5 years’ hands-on experience in related IT areas preferably in a financial institution: