- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 22 May 19
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software EngineerAs an experienced Software Engineer, you will join the Banking and Financial Services team in our Corporate Operations Technology Group. In this role, you will have a focus on project deliveries and continuous improvements across a range of applications supporting the wider Motor Vehicle Leasing business.
You will be part of a dynamic team that develops and supports our applications in the Credit and Settlements space, using a variety of technologies and also assist in our strategic goals of moving to the cloud. Having prior experience within an agile environment and Scrum/Kanban methodologies, you will be able to think analytically and have a natural ability to problem solve, coupled with excellent communication skills and a team-player mindset. You will have strong client service focus and willingness to respond to queries and provide deliverables within prompt timeframes.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong Core Java knowledge (especially REST API development)
- knowledge and effective application of Java Design Patterns
- experience in web services development, XML and JSON formats
- SQL knowledge
- knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripting.
Ideally will also have:
- exposure to testing frameworks - Junit, Cucumber, Serenity
- design and development in an Agile environment
- knowledge of CI/CD - Git Hub, Maven and Jenkins (or Bamboo)
- understanding of cloud environment - AWS, GCP
- experience with system monitoring and logging tools (e.g. AppDynamics, Splunk, CloudWatch)
- understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH).
If this sounds like your next career move, we look forward to hearing from you and encourage you to apply online via the link or contact Victoria Oh at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Our Technology Returner program is an opportunity for you to re-integrate yourself into the workforce following an extended professional career break. Find out more and apply at https://www.macquarie.com/au/about/careers/jobs/returner-program
Advertised: 11 Apr 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time