- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 20 Apr 19
Senior Java Engineer
Senior Java EngineerAre you an experienced Senior Java Engineer? Do you have an interest in finance and technology? We need a talented and driven team player to join our team to innovate and push digital boundaries. As a Senior Java Engineer in our team, you'll shape and build the technology for our Wealth Digital and Financial Advice platforms. Like us, you'll love all things tech and strive to improve our customers experience.
As a Senior Java Engineer in our team, you'll take part in end to end solution delivery. You'll design and build clean, efficient, robust and reliable solutions that deliver to our Customers. You will also share responsibility towards improving quality, modernising our stack, continuous delivery, production support and you'll also be passionate about growing our DevOps maturity.
With experience in a similar role, you will have an impressive software engineering track record across a range of technologies. You'll also have strong knowledge of front-end frameworks (Angular, Typescript, and testing frameworks), back-end Java frameworks (Spring, Spring boot and microservices architectures) and possess skills in SQL / databases platforms.
To be successful in this role you will have skills in a selection from the following:
- minimum of 3 years of working experience as a Frontend developer
- an analytical thinking and problem-solving capability with strong oral and written communication
- hands on experience using Angular version 6 in combination with Redux
- proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- proficient understanding of NodeJS, NPM and packaging tool like WebPack
- proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- good understanding of writing unit tests
- Java framework knowledge and experience using Spring, Spring Boot, an understanding of microservices architectures and rest web services
- good understanding of relational databases and SQL scripts
- experience with GIT source control, along with CI tools like Bamboo.
We would also ideally like you to bring experience in:
- web application hosting in Cloud (AWS, OpenShift, Google)
- automated software testing tools is an added advantage
- experience in the DevOps space as we have started the DevOps journey.
If you enjoy delivering regularly and have a proven ability in software engineering, please apply via the link.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Advertised: 08 Apr 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time