Head of Market Risk
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Australia
- 15 Oct 18
Head of Market Risk
Lead a team team and be hands on to identify, assess/evaluate, manage and report market risks
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join a progressive, growing, financial services business in a leadership role that will give you the scope to influence risk decisions. Reporting directly to the CRO you will lead small, highly qualified team to set market risk framework and strategy. You will be backed by a CEO and Senior Management team who believes in a sound risk management framework. Their APRA accreditation highlights the quality of their risk framework which sits at the core of their business.
On a day to day basis:
- Lead a team team and be hands on to identify, assess/evaluate, manage and report market risks on a daily basis (interest rate risk, funding and liquidity risk) in accordance with APRA prudential standards relevant to market risk.
- Foster engagement and motivation of team members in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Be hands on in leading the relative analysis of market risk by modelling of replicating portfolios, transfer pricing and stress testing methodologies.
- Lastly, as the newly appointed Head of Market Risk you will be influential to the Management Board to ensure that strategic decisions are in line with the bank's risk appetite.
Management will give you the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of your work, and make great things happen.
Company values are around making life more worthwhile - for all stakeholders - internal and external. Individuality isn't just accepted, it's encouraged. Culture that's fun, friendly and supportive - it's the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of what you have to offer. The bank offers a work/life balance with the flexibility to work from home.
The Successful Applicant
If you have successfully led teams in Market Risk Management in Banking, especially dealing with the Bank's interest rate margin in periods of high regulatory reform - you would have the experience to be successful in this role.
During your career you will have had an opportunity to be involved in:
- Successful monitoring, implementing regulations and modelling the Bank's Market Risk.
- Market risk modelling using SAS, VBA and leading market risk application such as QRM.
- Experience in ICAAP stress testing would be highly advantageous.
- Paramount you will have a passion to help empower your market risk team members to ensure strategic decisions are in line with the bank's risk appetite.
To register your interest APPLY NOW or for further information please call Maria Konstantinou (02) 8986 3151.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.