- Redfern, New South Wales, Australia Redfern New South Wales AU
- Contract, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Australia
- 20 Jul 18 2018-07-20
ICT Project Manager for a leading NSW Government Department
This role exists within the Department's Technology Administration Projects for Schools (TAPS) program, which is the central program for delivering improvements and enhancements to student administration, welfare and financial systems used by schools.
This role will work closely with the Program Manager and Project Managers assigned to the projects comprising the TAPS program, and a diverse group of senior stakeholders
Key responsibilities include:
- Business focused senior PM able to manage application and business process projects from requirements to successful implementation
- Demonstrated experience in delivering IT / business transformation projects where standardisation and excellent results have been required and achieved
- Manage the planning and delivery of complex strategic projects, this must include delivery of software development
- Strong release management experience in complex technical environments across multiple test landscapes and phases (i.e. Solution Testing, Integration Testing, Performance testing, User Acceptance Testing and Regression Testing) and into production.
- Responsible for the management of project finances including budget formation, forecasting and reporting up to 5 million dollars
- Actively identify, manage and escalate risks, issues and dependencies to program leadership
- Ensure solutions are aligned with Department architectural guidelines
- Demonstrated experience in managing external vendors
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint skills
- PRINCE2 Methodology certification or equivalent awareness/experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in delivering BOTH business and ICT projects, a technical background in IT especially software development, would be highly regarded.
- Experience managing/delivering MULTIPLE streams
- Experience creating high quality project and program artefacts, within emerging or existing frameworks
- Experience in managing the delivery/build of software and understanding it's cycles (some Agile experience) is highly valuable
- Experience across software testing (not performing testing) and understanding defect management with testing units and vendor
- Understanding of user acceptance testing (UAT), it's outcomes and importance
For more information on this infrastructure business analyst position please contact Dave Hurst on email@example.com or 02 8986 3135.
To apply please submityour CV using the link below.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.