Senior Analyst, Engineer
A career that gives you more
- Committed to working flexibly
- Be supported to learn and grow whilst developing the career you want
- Make your impact in a highly engaged team
Your career at NAB is about more than money, it's about serving our customers well and helping our communities prosper. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Analyst, Engineer.
As our Senior Analyst, Engineer, you will be working on current technologies provided through AWS and Solaris. A focus will be placed on your ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of development practices, containers and microservice architectures.
What you will bring
- Proactively analyse the platform to identify performance improvements
- Work with Architects and Designers to design, maintain and engineer performance improvements to existing cloud environments
- Improve current processes via automation to reduce manual effort
- Become a go to person for developers and service team members for troubleshooting
- Join the on-call roster to provide out of hours technical support
- Work closely with developers, devops, and site reliability engineers to execute platform requirements and priorities
- Previous experience working in development as either a software or devops engineer
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines using a tech stack of GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Artifactory and Docker
- Experience in microservice architectures involving API Gateways
- Experience working with AWS particularly EC2, ECS, VPC, Cloudwatch and Cloudformation
- Experience writing microservices and APIs in Java Springboot
- Worked with automated testing in a CI/CD environment
- Proven experience coaching junior team members
As part of the Technology Platforms
team, you will be part of Micro Services and Open Banking.
Microservices and Open Banking provides APIs that power the digital services for the bank. The team builds and supports these modern cloud-based services running several hundred transactions per seconds. These are highly performant and resilient and ability to make and deploy changes within hours. The team supports modern engineering practices across multiple languages java, node utilising container and serverless deployments. We embrace a culture of continuous improvement and learning and provide leadership across the bank on engineering practices.
By joining NAB, you are committing to putting our customers' needs first every time. You will be ambitious for growth; always curious and learning from colleagues. You will speak honestly, always valuing the time and opinion of others. You will own your work, doing what's right, even when it's hard. NAB, invested in you
We are committed to gender equality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
We support our colleagues to be their best by offering a wide range of educational, financial, lifestyle, health & well-being benefits. For more information please visit here. Join NAB
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's explore who you are and what drives you.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
08 Oct 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time Closing:
22 Oct 2020 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time