Journey Expert, Chapter Lead – Enterprise Enablement
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 19
Journey Expert, Chapter Lead – Enterprise Enablement
Journey Expert Chapter Lead – Enterprise Enablement
The purpose of the Enterprise Enablement Tribe is to work with and support the Business and Technology Domains in ensuring that the IT services are aligned to the business needs and actively support them, by understanding roadmap and develop designs for new services, monitor, manage and inform the domains on the overall service health and performance, and billing of the services consumed, including asset risk management and governance for critical banking service.
As the Journey Expert your focus is building and maintaining good relationships with your internal stakeholders and suppliers, and improving the ANZ’s services to always be available for our customers and community. For ANZ, we seek professionals with both technical savviness and business acumen where you understand the business you’re supporting to enable delivering quality IT Services, help resolve technical problems, manage service availability and performance, track finances and control the quality of service delivery. There is a high level of interaction with stakeholders, employees and management along with being an outgoing problem solver with customer service as front of mind with strong leadership experience.
As a Journey Expert, your discipline in Service Management focuses on keeping your stakeholders satisfied with the ANZ’s services through managing projects, fixing any reliability issues, tracking service metrics, managing budgets and helping lead the professionals responsible for getting services delivered to our customers. Your role in Serviced Management revolves around optimising existing end-to-end customer journeys and improve the customer experience by devising new, innovative solutions, services, products or propositions around the IT Services. Some responsibilities are driving service improvement plans, troubleshooting technical issues, ensuring that service agreements get met and assisting with contract renewal. This role requires someone who can keep a positive relationship with stakeholders, manage portfolio’s finances, meet deadlines, influence and lead a teams, be highly organised and results focused, manage conflict and use creativity to find ways to make the service better.
What will be in your toolkit?
- ITIL qualified
- Deep expertise in Service Management and Service Delivery
- Proven experience in Agile Delivery methodology i.e. SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Ease in developing and managing strategic operational relationships with internal stakeholders and third party suppliers
- A passion around delivering high quality and available IT services
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders and resources you require on ways of continuous service improvement, and proactively identify opportunities that deliver sustained stability
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including ability to inspire, mentor coach and develop others
- Proven analytical skills and data-driven decision maker
- Ability to quickly grasp new content and the ability to translate this to your Chapter
- Ability to as for and give feedback
- As a chapter Lead of Journey Experts along with our portfolio’s accountability our role is to support the chapter of Journey Experts, your deep expertise in Service Management combined with your broad capability and proven ability to innovate and adapt to the latest development, your experience will enable you to inspire, mentor, coach and develop others in the chapter.
- Effectively build capability in the Service Management chapter, including recruitment, mentoring, training, target setting and performance assessment
- As Journey expert in Service Management, you will manage a portfolio of IT services through delivering excellent IT services by maintaining high standards of service delivery that is routinely checked to ensure high levels of availability and sustain stability. Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner, Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance.
- Be an ambassador for IT, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments
- Your role is accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into service improvement and capacity plans for all associated systems
- Manage service quality and delivery standards; identify service needs and drive cost reductions.
- Maintain high performing service support functions by working with the Technology Domain’s DevOps teams, ANZ Command Centre, Workplace Technologies and IT Service Desk
- Ensure that operational teams (Domains) have a clear understanding, discipline and maturity of Service Management functions, by driving the maturity across the Technology Domains in Incident, Problem, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- Act as a point of escalation for operational issues and concerns. Leading the escalation process, the Journey Expert will drive the restoration of major incidents to ensure coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review
- Lead Service Level Management and the set up and negotiation of internal Business SLAs.
- Champion Service and Supportability requirements for new services/solutions and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting your service area and ensuring service impact is minimised and agreed
- Work with the Technical Design team to design in services non-functional requirements / supportability standards for new and existing services to deliver on Performance & Quality targets
- Drive internal and third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Regularly assess customer feedback and make necessary improvements to support processes and documentation.
- A team player – You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team’s mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement junkie – You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to your own and other’s growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Risk savvy – You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
Demonstrable experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experienced Service Management professional
- ITIL Qualified
- A passion for Service Improvement
- Obsessed with delivering high quality services
- Experience and fluent in Agile mythology - Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Previous experience as a Team Lead or demonstrable experience in leading virtual teams
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
- Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
- Expert knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to support and mentor junior staff
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivation and able to take responsibility
- Able to manage and prioritise and tasks and time efficiently
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Customer focus: Demonstrates in-depth customer insights and acts as an advocate, enhancing the customer experience by challenging and encouraging others to put the customer first
- Continuous Improvement & Change: Maintains commitment to change; engages with others to gain buy-in and act as an advocate for continuous improvement. Proactively identifies, support and drive opportunities for change
- Problem Solving: Extensive problem solving “toolkit”. Broad range of visualisation techniques covering scope, progress, culture, goal, etc. Team culture, energy building and agile ceremonies.
- Market/Industry Knowledge: Strong awareness of banking and finance industry trends and threats (technology, products, regulatory environment, competitors, innovations) Understanding of current and prospective customer needs and expectations
- Influence & Relationship Building: Fosters all networks and leverages an understanding of others’ behaviour to adapt influencing style and approach to effectively collaborate, build relationships & maximise impact
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS094142.