Analyst – Transaction Banking & Wholesale Lending - Institutional
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Feb 19
Analyst – Transaction Banking & Wholesale Lending - Institutional
- Career progressing opportunity
- Dynamic role with many moving parts
- Build your career your way
Transaction Banking & Wholesale Lending
To provide market leading cash management, trade & supply chain and lending solutions and platforms for corporate and financial institutional clients via digital and non-digital channels, enabling ANZ to be the leading bank for regional trade and capital flows.
Our focus is:
- Enable Transaction Banking, Lending, Deposits and Specialised Finance Business by continuously delivering high-quality innovative solutions for Payments & Cash Management, Trade, Liquidity Management and Lending product offers
- Deliver a world-class single loan platform for wholesale loans globally
- Deliver value to customers through faster turnaround of technology upgrades and enhancements
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to simplify TB architecture
- Define and implement the strategy to deliver ITaaS
- Participate in industry driven initiatives adopting new technology
- Managing Transaction Banking and Wholesale Lending assets, ensuring they are fit for purpose to support growing business demand
- Help our customers and Bankers make better decisions through delivery-relevant, timely data with actionable insights using channel-agnostic platforms
The Analyst will work with project stakeholders to analyse and synthesise information, understand the organisational context and complete business analysis activities. They will ultimately elicit, document and manage the requirements throughout the project or program end to end, and other analysis activities such as testing, process mapping and change transition. Working within the stakeholder engagement framework for the project, the Analyst will communicate these requirements to key stakeholders to ensure a clear understanding of the project objectives and benefits.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following –
- Understanding of business analysis in project delivery
- Financial services experience, preferably in banking
- Can appreciate difficult problems and work autonomously on tasks with a high complexity, works collaboratively as part of a team and clearly represent consolidated findings
- Understanding of the nature of business information systems within large organisations
- Understanding of project management lifecycles, disciplines and procedures
- Experience working in operations or back office functions
- Partner with Product Owners to validate requirements, their priority and ensure alignment to value
- Partner with the Product Owner, Engineers and other people in your Squad to uncover dependencies, validate boundaries and sequencing of User Stories
- Collaborates with Product Owners and Engineers to translate business requirements into workable technology outcomes for the Squad
- Leverage tools for optimal collaboration (across geographies) and knowledge sharing
- Implements a culture within the Tribe and the Chapter, encouraging best practices around reviews, quality and documentation
- Creates estimates and continuously reviews demand within the individual Squads
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and implement solutions to perform more effective and efficient analysis
- Provide ongoing support for the platform as required e.g. problem / incident management
- Optimise workflow management to ensure traceability back to strategic alignment
- Verify and validate what is in production (especially after changes)
Things that I am (or strive to be)
- A team player – I know we only win if we all win. I recognise and value the different perspectives and skills my squad mates bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of our mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – I demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- A collaboration champion – I work closely with my colleagues to ensure alignment and champion the sharing of learning across teams
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – I am comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage myself through ambiguity by making meaning, building relationships and creating clarity with my peers
- Continuous improvement junkie – I constructively challenge the status quo, I look for better ways of doing things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to my own and other’s growth – I strive to stretch and grow myself and others by identifying my own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – I am energised by tackling complex problems. I use my critical thinking, network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Commercially and Tech curious – I have a wide-angled lens. I am curious about what’s happening in the external market and in emerging trends and innovations (technological and otherwise) and how we use this information to better inform our decisions and actions.
- Risk savvy – I build sustainable solutions that protect stakeholders and customers and proactively address risks by role-modelling improvements in the bank’s overall risk and control environment.
- I believe that my ability can be developed through focussed effort
- I see my true potential as unknowable
- I believe in stretch
- I seek opportunities to test myself
- I learn from mistakes
- Be Curious - I create a learning environment by modelling, encouraging and rewarding curiosity and purposeful experimentation
- Create Shared Clarity – I bring people on the journey, creating a shared understanding of our context, purpose, goals and progress. Even when it’s ambiguous, I create focus and enough certainty to deliver and succeed.
- Connect with Empathy - I listen to, care about and connect personally with people, striving to put myself in their shoes. I have courageous conversations with empathy, which help everyone move forward.
- Empower People – I give people the space and confidence to think, decide and act with autonomy, and trust that they can deliver exceptional things with support and encouragement.
- Grow People Selflessly –I help others to see their potential, grow and be ready for a future that is constantly changing. I challenge myself to do the same.
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS095518