Information Architect (Associate Director) - Solution 49x
- Canberra, Australian Capital, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 21 Sep 17
See job description for details
- We provide an agile work environment and a career that flexes to your lifestyle
- Deepen your expertise working alongside a dynamic leadership team
- Federal Government and Defence sector
Our team includes a broad spectrum of skills from strategists to statisticians, scientists to software developers, anthropologists to behavioural economists and our dogs (and the other parts of life that make us real, rounded 'humans'). We're proud of our diversity and deeply believe this is the key to our innovation and success.
Your new role
The Information Architect will consult on client's projects, working across the business and technical strategy, assuming overall responsibility for the success of solution design, construction and implementation. You will be responsible for Information Management strategies, architectures, policies and frameworks that support our client's strategic business drivers across business for the data and information domains. You will be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders, guiding junior consultants on engagements, scoping and pricing an engagement, designing a practical team structure and structuring and writing a deliverable. You will work proactively to:
- Coherently communicate the business value of Solution 49x capabilities.
- Deliver new and complex solution to clients in response to varying business requirements.
- Understand and interpret business objectives and requirements to design and develop information architecture.
- Develop and maintain a formal description of the data and data structures, including data definitions, data models and data flow diagrams.
- Make sound design decisions to deliver functional and non-functional requirements around performance, availability, scalability, security and integrity.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of data structures, data warehousing and information management methods.
- Lead and manage a co-sourced team of specialists comprising of KPMG employees, sub-contractors, vendor specialists and client employees. Define and manage performance, cost, scope, schedule and quality for the team according to the team charter.
You bring to the role
- Significant experience in enterprise information management architecture.
- Sound understanding of the concepts and technology around Information Management. Particular focus around data architecture including data modelling.
- Demonstrated breadth of skills and leadership experience in multiple systems/platforms and technical solution design techniques.
- Demonstrated data architecture and data modelling ability.
- Sound skills and experience across the following areas:
- Data Modelling and Metadata Management
- Data Warehousing Design and Development
- Technical Architecture and Tool Expertise
- Customer Data Integration and Production Information Management
- Information Management Project Management/Methods
- Detailed understanding of Enterprise Information Management, including Data Integration, Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Architecture and Master Data Management.
- Evidence of the ability to perform as an Information Architect for 'leading edge' information management solutions.
- Experience with a range of vendors and tools, namely IBM Information Server, Teradata, Oracle Exadata, and Hadoop
- A disciplined approach to problem solving and an ability to critically assess a range of information to differentiate true business needs as opposed to user requests.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with extensive experience explaining complex technical concepts to business focussed senior stakeholders.
- Proven ability to develop and manage enduring client relationships, engendering a sense of trust and respect.
- Present in a professional manner and have a positive personal presence with a high degree of personal awareness and desire to be a part of a high performing team.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 10 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time