Our client is an established European International School looking to set up a new team to support the mental health and well-being of their secondary school cohort. Reporting to the Principal and the Head of HR, the main responsibility of the School Counsellor is to provide psychological support to students, their parents and educational teams.
Key Responsibilities :
- Attending requests from students, families and educational teams in relation to family, personal, educational or pedagogical problems.
- Assisting staff in the screening and care of exceptional students.
- Undertaking psychological assessments and analyse external psychological assessments.
- Advising students and their families, teams and management to facilitate the care of students in difficulty.
- Participate in the various boards of teachers, classes, cycles, educational teams, if necessary to facilitate the care of the students.
- Make observations in class; carry out cognitive assessments at the request of the teams.
- Establishing links with health and paramedical professionals outside of the school.
- Participating in meetings for students with Special Educational Requirements, outside Personalized Schooling Projects (PPS) and Personalized Assistance Projects (PAS).
- Supervising the Student Assistants : assessing needs, participating in recruitment, coaching and animating of training sessions.
Required Skills / Experience :
- Good Bachelor degree with a Masters in Psychology and/or in Educational Psychology preferred.
- Strong English and fluency in French is a distinct advantage.
- Relevant counselling experience of at least 3 years and in a school setting is highly preferred.
- Knowledge in psychopedagogy.
- Ability to listen, observe and empathize. Proven communication skills with students, parents and co-workers.
Only shortlist candidates will be contacted.