is Europe's leading InsurTech
that is reinventing insurance at scale, with a record-breaking Series C funding round of $650 million in 2021, making it the largest funding round of any InsurTech
to date. wefox
is revolutionising insurance by empowering the customer and delivering personalised experiences, driven by data. Our vision is to enable people to be safe. By providing our customers 360 degree advice through our network of advisors, we optimise each individual's risk coverage through innovative prevention, assistance and insurance products.
As our Tax Advisor
and functionally as a member of the Global Tax team you will be responsible for building a strong relation within Wefox Group managing directly the entire Italian tax issues. Your responsibilities will be split between tax compliance and advisory work. The role:
- Perform and oversee the accurate and timely filing of Italian tax compliance returns (e.g., CIT, VAT) in cooperation with external advisors.
- Assist the Italian finance team with the local statutory audit of tax tasks.
- Cooperate with Country Finance Lead and Global Head of Tax with the preparation of transfer pricing (Local file), Country By Country Reporting (if any), local and global tax reports.
- Manage in cooperation with Country Finance Lead and Global Head of Tax the local external and internal tax audits by the Italian Tax Authorities.
- Address the impacts of new tax legislation on the business across Europe for Wefox.
- Tax advisory on Merger & Acquisition transactions, reorganisations, legal entity rationalisation in cooperation with external tax advisors.
- Translate complex tax matters to non-tax colleagues.
- Reporting disciplinary to Country Finance Lead and functionally to the Global Head of Tax.
What we offer:
- Bachelor/Master's degree, or similar in Laws, Economics, business administration with a focus on tax.
- Demonstrable post-graduate tax and finance experience (5+ years).
- Strong tax, financial accounting and auditing knowledge and experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with people at all levels across the business.
- An independent, proactive individual able to manage deadlines and take quick decisions in a fast paced but demanding environment.
- In house experience is a plus but not mandatory.
- Italian mother tongue, fluency in English (C1) is mandatory. Knowledge of other European languages is desirable.
Now, we've gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working
- Free access to a mental health and well-being platform for personalised care, such as 1:1 coaching and therapy sessions for life's ups and downs - whether at work, at home, or in your relationships
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Training and Coaching opportunities
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner. Your contact persons for this role are Chiara De Stefanis and Youssra Loukili.
We are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.