PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. The Opportunity
The PIMCO Prime Tax team is a multidisciplinary team of highly experienced tax professionals specifically dedicated to advising our clients across the real estate sector. We are seeking a (senior) tax manager to join our team.
As a (senior) manager in our tax team, you'll become an integral part of a dynamic company and have the opportunity to work with our clients on some of the largest real estate transactions worldwide, driving the delivery of quality tax planning and compliance services. We're interested in you as an ambitious tax professional with confidence and knowledge to think creatively in a constantly shifting environment and to take ownership of projects and manage client relationships. In return, you can expect the support of a strong network of external and internal tax experts with engaging colleagues. You'll be working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information within a cross-functional team is an essential part of the role. Your Key Responsibilities
Your Skills & Attributes
- Ownership for all transactions related tax matters in connection with real estate transactions worldwide
- Advising on transactions against the backdrop of the increasingly complex international tax environment. This will include, in particular, structuring, coordination and execution of real estate acquisitions and disinvestments (direct and indirect equity transactions) especially via international multi-tier structures and platforms (in particular review of due diligence materials reports and tax opinions)
- Negotiate tax related clauses in SPAs, JVAs, subscriptions documents etc.
- Responsibility for respective post deal integration, restructurings and compliance topics during the holding phase
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in corporate and international tax law with a focus on international real estate transactions
- German tax adviser (with a University degree in Business Administration / Finance /Law) and/ or Fully qualified lawyer with focus on taxes
- Strong tax technical skills, including tax research and writing skills, and have an ability to communicate complex issues in a coherent and commercial way to clients and other stakeholders
- Excellent project management with an ability to manage deadlines and client expectations
- Ability to prioritize across projects and make strong decisions in often-uncertain scenarios
- Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills and confidence to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders
- Very good command of English and German
- Understanding of IRR modelling
- Insurance knowledge and/or fund structuring experience
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.