Production Reporting Specialist
- Naperville, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Calamos Investments
- 11 Aug 17
This position is responsible for managing the monthly and quarterly production of various client and product reports. The Production Reporting Specialist is responsible for the development and ongoing enhancements of data-rich Adobe InDesign based templates used in the production of monthly and quarterly reports. The role also participates in retrieval, input and review of statistical data for these reports. The Production Reporting Specialist is responsible for understanding all the steps in the overall production processes and maintain communication with individuals in each of the departments engaged in the processes.
- Translates business requirements into high-level processing logic inside data-rich templates (EMC Document Sciences xPresso plug-in for Adobe InDesign).
- Assist in the coordination of the overall Client Reporting production process. Maintains client reporting templates and completes any required mid-cycle modifications. Revises templates each month-end and quarter-end to reflect up-to-date commentary delivered from the Portfolio Attribution and Marketing departments.
- Interfaces with various departments to produce reports and ensure that reports delivered to clients are completed in a timely, accurate and suitable fashion. Also acts as the primary point of contact with print vendor during production of reports.
- Tracks and completes all related new reporting projects, working closely with various business departments to develop templates according to the business needs.
- Performs full-cycle testing of new or enhanced templates including data testing prior to template inclusion.
- Identifies, recommends and implements improvements to current area of responsibility.
- Maintains template documents defining Business rules, data mapping and template logic used as reference and training for applicable personnel.
- Creates/maintains process documents and procedures as it relates to all aspects of Client Reporting (i.e. template maintenance, projects, review procedures, etc.)
- Retrieves benchmark, fund and composite information from various sources and inputs to the DataMart.
- Reviews DataMart load processes, escalates issues and serves as a resource for CRM/Institutional Services in regards information housed in the Data Mart.
- Creates project plan and accompanying documentation as related to software upgrades.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field preferred.
- Experience in a similar role responsible for reporting preferred.
- Investment Management experience preferred.
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple initiatives.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Design and page layout experience using Adobe InDesign is required.
- Experience using XML or Adobe Illustrator is preferred.