Technology, Equities Technology, STS Marquee Web Developer, Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Sep 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Are you passionate about keeping up-to-date with the latest trends in the fast-moving Web technology space? Do you have what it takes to engineer the next generation Web development platform, to partner with strats, sales, and traders in the firm's Securities Division to provide best in class execution workflows, risk and analytical tools to best suit our client channels? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you to join our Systematic Trading Strategies Technology team at Goldman Sachs.
The Systematic Trading Strategies (STS) business is a global Strat team responsible for building cutting-edge systematic ?index? products?liquid, transparent, and investible vehicles that provide clients with cutting-edge access to market risk factors and trading strategies. The team is looking for an experienced frontend/backend Web developer to drive the business?s digital strategy forward.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Partner with strats, sales, and traders in the firm's Securities Division to provide best in class execution workflows, risk and analytical tools to best suit our client channels.
- Engineer the next generation Web development platform.
- Professional React/AngularJS development experience
- Experience developing scalable RESTful services
- Solid understanding of the web development process from the layout/user interface to services layer
- Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience of scripting languages and functional programming
- Knowledge of equities markets and familiarity with derivatives products such as options, swaps or exotics
- Experience supporting technology including; RFQ, FIX, E-Commerce, Issuance and Lifecycle
- Experience in a business-facing, front office role
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.