Senior Business Analyst - Reference Data
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 16 Aug 17
A Senior Business analyst is immediately required to join a Reference Data team of an investment Bank in London. The individual must have strong BA / analysis skills along with experience in working within a reference data domain previously (Client / Account). A background in logical data modelling (LDM) along with experience in using tool(s) to create LDM's previously is preferred due to the nature of the role.
- Liaise with business change, operations and IT users at all levels, both internally and externally
- Liaise with business operations teams to gather business requirements.
- Define business requirements and document in appropriate business requirements specification documents.
- Define and detail data gaps, data requirements and data distribution methods.
- Convert business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements and create appropriate documentation using JIRA Agile Boards.
- Organise and lead review meetings to enable requirements and functional documents to be approved and signed off by the appropriate business operations and IT users and stakeholders.
- Identify changes to the requirements and work with the Project Manager to raise and get approval for Change Requests.
- Provide input into the technical design process to ensure the design satisfies the business requirements.
- Proven business and functional analysis skills, particularly in a process reengineering or a post-merger environment
- Proven data integration, data mastering, data distribution experience
- ability to analyse data, map data and design functional solutions according to best business benefit and distribution efficiency
- Experience in gathering requirements from senior project stakeholders and their teams who are in multiple global locations
- Proven experience operating and delivering in an Agile Development Lifecycle Team (SCRUM/Kanban)
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) modelling and data
- Knowledge of trade lifecycle and product types, mainly bonds, equities and derivatives