Operations Officer Settlements
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 23 Aug 17
The role of the Operations Settlements Officer will perform operational related activities and maintenance/ updating of accounts. The incumbent will provide support to other departments in all functions related to daily operational processing and settlement.
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Operations Officer Settlements, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - UK//London.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
- Shareholder & Financial:
- Assist in the monitoring and achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on periodic basis.
- Customer (Internal & External):
- Liaise with their counterparts in the lead bank(s) and corporate customers, as and when applicable.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all the other related departments and units to achieve the Group's goals/ objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the compliance function as and when required.
- Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Responsible for the timely efficient and effective operations and maintenance/ update of accounts resulting from corporate actions.
- Work with brokers, vendors and various internal departments to resolve operational issues related to corporate actions.
- Contact brokers (via telephone and in writing) to claim assets/cash proceeds resulting from failed trades as affected by corporate actions and/or income events.
- Work closely with the front office to be responsible for both operations work as well as corporate actions.
- Interface with other areas of the Group, resolving day-to-day investigations including settlement failures/disputes, data capture issues, event payments, account reconcilement and FX booking details related to corporate actions.
- Reconcile and resolve security and cash discrepancies resulting from corporate events.
- Reconcile records at end of day and ensure all processing has been completed.
- Analyze and identify root cause for clients' investigations, where applicable.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of process improvements to streamline processes and reduce/eliminate handoffs in support of current and new corporate banking products.
- Support the Head of Centralised Operations and Manager Banking Operations in the preparation of MIS reports with regards to corporate action operations and account activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business
- 3+ years in settlements to include relevant experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work proficiently in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and various other proprietary systems.
- Possess the ability to perform in a high-volume environment.
- Experience in working in teams from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of relevant KYC and other Anti-Money Laundering (AML) directives/ rules and regulations and best practices.
- Possesses problem solving/ decision making skills.
- Ability to multitask and deliver on time.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV