Operations Control Testing Lead (VP)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 20 Aug 17
Leading Tier 1 Investment Bank is looking for an experienced Operational Risk & Control VP with specific expertise in Controls & Conformance Testing to lead a team and have oversight of a global team.
My client, a leading Investment Bank, is looking to recruit a dynamic individual to manage a team of Control Testers (2 locally) and take ownership of the Quality Assurance Program to validate the effective execution of Control Testing activity across GMO.
The Control Testing team is a global team that is responsible for performing risk and control testing across IB Operations, IB Middle Office and APAC Branches. The team's primary objective is to perform independent testing of operational risk related controls to ensure they are designed and operating effectively in accordance with standards and policies. The team is also responsible for performing other forms of Control Testing, i.e. scenario analysis, spot testing, thematic reviews, etc. when called upon to do so.
* Deliver functional management of the testing programme.
* Lead Quality Assurance ensuring that Control Testing carried out is globally consistent with the Control Testing (CT) Procedures and ERMF policy.
* Work with the senior stakeholders across Global Markets Operations to agree the testing schedule and ensure it aligns with the Testing Team capacity and Business priorities.
* Work with Risk and Control Officers to understand the risks and controls to be tested, and the policies and standards to test against.
* Provide leadership to a global team of testers through each cycle of testing to ensure:
o Testing is delivered timely and accurately against the endorsed CT plan
o Testing is executed consistently across all regions within the division
o Accountability of Stakeholder management and communication of results
* Act as a global escalation for Control Testing - This will require negotiating and influencing skills to ensure key stakeholders understand why controls have been rated ineffective if they have been. These conversations/communications can sometimes be difficult so getting this message across tactfully and diplomatically is a core skill that the VP should possess.
* Work with the Control Testing leads to enhance and develop the Control Testing methodology and ensure alignment with the longer term ERMF objectives.
* Maintain best practice test scripts for use by the global Testing team during the Design and Operational Effectiveness Testing.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Demonstrable testing skills.
* Comprehensive knowledge of different testing practices and tools.
* Proven track record of successful delivery in complex environments.
* Proven financial services experience with comprehensive knowledge of a complex Operations environments, specifically.
* Front to Back Operational Processes.
* Operational Risk.
* Risk and Control Functions.
* Proven people management and communication skills.
* Demonstrable responsibilities and Management of teams.
* Highly delivery focused with excellent attention to detail.
* Capable of building strong relationships and networks across a wide range of teams.
* Capable of influencing senior stakeholders.
* Highly proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Experience with Testing Tools (SOX, Audit etc) preferable.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
* Testing Qualification.
* Risk and Control/Audit Qualifications.
* The ideal candidate will be highly energetic and delivery focused, with the ability to deliver quality results within a challenging environment.
* Be action orientated with a focus on continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility and be capable of influencing the wider testing team to mirrors these attributes.