Manager, Quantitative Advisory, Derivatives Valuation Centre
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Aug 17
Manager - Quantitative Advisory - Derivative Valuations
About the Opportunity
Are you ready to take control and deliver impact? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime. We're looking for a Manager to join our team and support the exciting growth we are experiencing.
The Derivative Valuation Centre (DVC) is a fast-growing team sitting within Quantitative Advisory Services (QAS) practice, providing valuation, model review and model risk support services for audits of leading financial institutions and corporates in the UK, Europe and across the world. We operate predominately to support the Firm's audit practice but also support Advisory, Actuarial and Transaction Advisory service lines.
The successful DVC Manager will lead valuation related client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external client relationships and management of junior analysts for timely and high quality project delivery. You will also identify and escalate potential business opportunities for EY through existing engagements.
Similarly, you will anticipate and identify risks and raise any issues with senior members of the team. In line with our commitment to quality, you will ensure that work is of a high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel more junior team members and help them to develop.
Participate in and lead quantitative engagements with a derivative pricing, valuation or model review focus
Work effectively as a team member in sharing responsibility, providing management oversight and direction to more junior members of the team, maintaining clear communication with internal and external clients, and updating senior team members on progress of deliverables under your direct responsibility
Assist in preparing high quality valuation and model review reports clearly outlining work performed and findings and observations that will be delivered to our clients and other parties
Develop and maintain strong and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and client personne
Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting and retaining FS Risk professionals
Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
Ideal experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Excellent understanding of derivative pricing across multiple asset classes, latest market practices on derivative pricing adjustments and XVA modelling used for the trading, risk management or calculation of regulatory capital requirements.
- Excellent working knowledge of Derivative Pricing, financial accounting practices, hedge effectiveness testing, independent price verification practices
- Demonstrable analytical skills and experience providing effective challenge to observed derivative pricing and model outcomes against independent benchmarks and good practice.
- Demonstrable, relevant experience in Financial Services, either as part of an institution; in an advisory or business consulting capacity to such organisations or in the regulation of such institutions.
- Experience in Financial Services, either as part of an institution; in an advisory or business consulting capacity to such organisations or in the regulation of such institutions.
- Strong academic background including at least a 2.1 Bachelor's degree (Computational Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, or Physics preferred) or equivalent
- Professional Qualification e.g. CQF / CFA / FRM / PRM
- Modelling background, including experience in model development, and/or validation of derivative pricing, in-house or third party valuation software and corresponding risk management models.
- Strong experience in any of the following software development environments: VBA /Java /C++ / SQL/R/Matlab/.NET
- Keen desire to continue developing and integrating quantitative skills within both a challenging and rewarding commercial environment.
- Confident and credible communicator who displays both technical knowledge and commercial understanding.
- Project management and excellent report writing skills
- Experience in people, stakeholder and client management
- Ability to drive business development and contribute to the growth of the EY market solutions
As part of the Financial Services Advisory team, you'll work with global companies combining your technical expertise, proven consulting skills and industry knowledge to help solve their most complex issues.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.