IT Security Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- CLS UK Intermediate Holdings Ltd.
- 04 Aug 17
Working as part of the Cyber Security Monitoring & Response team providing technical security advice, guidance, design and review in support of all business relating products and services, reporting directly to the GB Head of IT Security. Monitor tune and develop key IT Security controls and frameworks to ensure appropriate preparation, monitoring and response to threats. Ensure that a risk-based approach to IT security is adopted in every part of the business and solutions. Work with other members of the security to help design and implement security solutions.
Essential Function – major duties and responsibilities of the job
- Monitor and respond to threats ensuring that correct information and escalation flows are followed.
- Risk Assessments for new and existing services
- 3rd Party control assessments and reviews
- Develop and improve processes and procedures
- Helping to maintain and produce key operating metrics
- Participate in Evaluation, design and implementation of new technology and processes to help mature the Group whilst adopting a risk based design methodology.
- Assist in researching new security related products and services to ensure that CLS is equipped with appropriate industry tools and solutions.
- Responding to Security alerts
- Assessment of threat intelligence and security landscape
- Conduct security risk assessments for projects. (inc 3rd parties) and vendors
- Operate, maintain and enhance internal security tools, services and procedures
- Maintain relationships with all third-party IT security vendors and strategic partners
- Individual contributor
- Accountable for allocated deliverables
Experience – essential / desired for successful job performance
- Sound knowledge of enterprise security concepts/ frameworks and products
- Knowledge of SIEM tooling
- Experience of Incident handling methodologies
- Experience with End point protection products
- Experience with intelligence gathering regarding security threats
- Experience of conducting Risk Assessments using best practice risk management methodologies.
Qualifications / certifications- essential / desired for successful job performance
- Industry recognised security qualifications(e.g. ISC2,GIAC)
- Industry recognised IT qualifications(e.g MCP, VCP)
Knowledge, skills and abilities – competencies required for successful job performance
- Can work without close supervision. Prioritises work and meets deadlines
- Good verbal and excellent written communications skills. Ability to clarify security technical detail and confidently communicate associated business risks to senior management
- SANS qualification or equivalent
Success factors / ‘How’ – personal characteristics contributing to an individual’s ability to excel in the position
- Sense of urgency
- Willingness to learn and grow