Credit Derivative Middle Office Analyst - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Aug 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our Credit Middle Office team are seeking an analyst looking for an opportunity to work directly with the Flow Credit Sales and Trading business to manage daily risk bookings and operational controls.
Operations is a multi-faceted division that turns ideas into business realities. We partner with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside that vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation.
Credit Derivatives Middle Office sits within Derivatives Operations and supports Trading and Sales personnel across multiple products. The team also manages life cycle events, post execution issues, trade clearing and industry compression. The products mix spans across CDS, Bond, Mortgage, and Structured Businesses.
The team acts in partnership with a wide variety of groups across the firm globally with daily interaction with the wider Operations, Trading and Technology teams. Operations are heavily involved in new product initiatives and process improvement to streamline our support model. They are also heavily engaged in the market initiatives that are taking place across the OTC derivative market. Credit Derivative Operations plays a central role in ensuring that Goldman Sachs retains their position at the forefront of this industry in upcoming initiatives. The role gives plenty of opportunities to work in a large and high-profile team and to contribute to Goldman Sach's external and internal standing in the CDS market. It is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is motivated, ambitious and excited about contributing to our business and as part of a team who are responsible for driving change within a demanding and complex environment, there is great opportunity to gain exposure to senior managers in all areas of the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work closely with the Trading and Sales desks to resolve post execution discrepancies on a variety of credit related products
- Participate in and lead ISDA Working Group discussions to establish greater standardisation in the Credit Derivatives space and drive industry initiatives forward
- Execution and management of lifecycle events and support project teams in meeting objectives related to departmental wide initiatives
- Risk mitigation, ensure economic trade details are agreed with counterparties promptly post trade execution
- Close interaction with experts from various different teams such as Technology, Projects and Trade Management. This role will involve a large amount of facilitation and negotiation
- Resolve trade breaks between GS proprietary systems and the vendor systems
- Work closely with other team members and management to achieve both industry set and internal targets
- Create, manage and own close relationships and partnerships with business partners and external clients
- Develop and implement strategic changes to re-engineer and industrialise processes and reduce risk surrounding the function
SKILL & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrates a minimum of 2 years experience in Banking or similar environment
- Accuracy and absolute attention to detail required
- Mature and pro-active approach to generating solutions to day to day and longer term technical problems
- Able to demonstrate initiative and curiosity through past experiences
- Sound judgment, analytical and communication skills
- High degree of system literacy
- Derivative product and technical process knowledge
- Knowledge of Regulatory commitments in the Derivative markets is beneficial
- IOC or other industry qualifications an advantage but not mandatory
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.