Cash Management – Analytics – Director (AVP level)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Aug 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Cash Management department sits within the Operations division has primary responsibility for operational control, management and reporting of the Firms cash and liquidity. With regional hubs located in Asia Pacific, EMEA and Americas, Cash Management operates in the sense of a true Firm-wide global Utility, Cash Management comprises the following core functional business lines:
- Liquidity Management
- Trade Support
- Cash Analytics
Part of a team based in London, the Director role supporting the new Cash Analytics function but also key supervision of Liquidity Management functions:
* Accurately forecast, efficiently fund, analyse and report on daily currency and legal entity liquidity requirements.
* Manage intra-day liquidity requirements including real time cash positions at Agent banks.
* Maintain stakeholder relationship. Emphasis is placed on the candidate’s ability to establish and maintain Firm-wide relationships in order to deliver our core liquidity and change agenda.
* Close interaction with business and Operations teams to analyse front to back transactional flows, mitigate intraday volatility and the associated liquidity impact to ensure optimum cost effectiveness of settlement.
* Analyse and report on sources and uses of liquidity resources; investigate, interpret and enrich data with Corporate Treasury, Technology, Operations, FCG and Business Units
* Respond to requests from Regulators
* Demonstrate risk ownership, mitigation and clear lines of escalation with an opportunity to assume supervisory control across all functions performed by the team.
* Active participation in change the bank initiatives and technology projects
The candidate will be able to demonstrate:
*This position requires excellent analytical and strong communication skills. The position involves dealing with various levels of management both within and external to the Firm. Individual must be organized, a self-starter and capable of addressing inquiries as well as issues in a timely manner.
* Attention to detail and ability to retain focus, be dynamic to changing funding requirements intra-day.
* An intrinsic ability to identify priorities and deliver timely outputs to a consistently high standard.
* A broad understanding on a wide range of products
* Risk management: experience of identifying and mitigating operational risk.
* An intuitive thinker, able to think and plan ahead.
* Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
We expect that the likely candidate may have developed the necessary competencies in a similar role over a 5-7 year period.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Strong quantitative and analytic skills
Flexibility, self-confidence and ability to work in a dynamic environment
Strong written and oral communication skills
Self-starter initiative with ability to drive deliverables
Extremely knowledgeable with Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Access database
Ability to set priorities and recognize time constraints
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-EM2