Client Reporting Analyst
Location: Leeds, England, United Kingdom
As an Investment Analyst in the Client Reporting Team you will be part of a team of enthusiastic professionals. You will build a sound understanding of the client and its reporting needs, while working with a diverse mix of experienced investment professionals from different backgrounds across a wide range of teams and functions.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson's investment consulting business aims to change investment for the better for the benefit of its clients. To achieve this, we look to hire and retain the best people, provide opportunities for them to continue to develop their skills and then empower them to make a difference. Our client base of leading investment institutions (including many of the world's largest pension funds, insurance companies and sovereign wealth funds) demand excellence and creative solutions to the investment challenges they face. As a result, we look to bring people with a variety of backgrounds and skills to work collaboratively on cutting edge assignments.
As an Investment Analyst in the Client Reporting Team you will be part of a team of enthusiastic professionals. You will build a sound understanding of the client and its reporting needs, while working with a diverse mix of experienced investment professionals from different backgrounds across a wide range of teams and functions. You will:
Develop skills as a reporting specialist, offering technical expertise and support
Take ongoing ownership of reporting for a variety of large clients and internal uses
- Enjoy opportunities to broaden skills and knowledge through training, development and project work
The initial focus will be on building a good understanding of report production techniques and underlying concepts, and quickly developing the skill and attention to detail to carry out technical reviews, in order to deliver reporting in line with Willis Towers Watson standards.
The main duties and responsibilities may include:
- Use appropriate tools to produce/review fund monitoring reports for our clients.
- Reports may include scheme-specifics, market summaries, manager research, stock level risk analysis, risk budgeting and more
Data collation and management; using both our in-house and externally-provided database systems.
- Provide support for our internal 'Market Information Service' email service, assisting with technical queries
- Production/review of manager selection briefing papersAssist with the production or review of ad-hoc analytical reports
- Production/review of generic output, such as our market summaries and other internal quantitative information products.
- Ensure that production of draft reports complies with quality standards (Professional Excellence and audit controls)
- Supporting ad-hoc administration and project requirements within the Client Reporting Team
- Supporting projects or specific work streams
- Clients - take ownership of reports and build strong relationships with other teams
- Excellence - follow policies and guidelines; seek to develop more effective tools and products to support our clients and the business
- Financials - work efficiently and achieve chargeable hours target
- People - build strong relationships across various teams and support colleagues to create a good working environment
Minimum of A-Level standard of education (or equivalent), with good grades (minimum B or equivalent) in Maths and English
Relevant degree desirable but not compulsory
Effective oral and written communication skills
Ability to work on own initiative when required, as well as in a team
Confidence to liaise with people at all levels in a variety of roles, locations and functions
Results orientated, with a logical and analytical method of working
Sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Desire to work in the investment industry
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis. We support flexible working and this role will be considered on a flexible basis.