Senior Executive, Transaction Support, Bristol
- Bristol, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Aug 17
Job Title: Senior Executive, Transaction Support, Bristol Location: Bristol
About the Opportunity
Are you ready to take control and deliver impact? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime!
We're looking for Senior Executives (Managers) to join our team. We require fresh ideas and innovative minds to assist with a number of projects in the Transactions market.
About Transaction Support
Whether a business is successful and looking to leverage opportunities in the market, or is in financial distress and needs assistance with cash flow and mitigating risk, our Transaction Support Team can meet businesses' specific challenges. Specifically, we identify the key drivers of revenue and profitability, identify value adjustments, improve deal structures, mitigate risks and question assumptions about future performance. We improve negotiating positions and accelerate a smooth transaction with minimal disruption. Not least, we work with other teams to deliver an integrated service.
We work for a broad range of companies across sectors such as mining, oil and gas, power and utilities, private equity, blue chip corporates and mid-market businesses. The potential for error is high in an environment where speed is critical, resources are limited and there is pressure to deliver.
Key areas of work include:
- Identifying key drivers
- Improving deal structures
- Mitigating risks
- Working together to improve future performance
In your role as a Senior Executive (Manager) you will have responsibility for:
- Understanding the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client, agreeing value measurements with the client, providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions and advice
- Project manage teams and work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within transaction support and other departments in EY both in the UK and internationally to form multi-disciplinary teams
- Gather, verify and assess information, and formulate views
- Plan, prepare and review deliverables in various forms including written reports, presentations and discussions with the client
- Share your technical and other knowledge with your team and the department
- Build on and develop internal and external networks through personal contacts
- Understand the capabilities of the firm and look for opportunities to sell additional services to our clients
- Play a role in business plan initiatives (e.g. key accounts, recruitment, client service framework)
- Being a true business advisor to the client and establish yourself as a key client contact
- Take responsibility for own learning and development, provide coaching / support to others, and participate in upward feedback
We're looking for exceptional people with transaction experience.
- Have an ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Have Strong commercial experience and/or relevant industry or transaction experience
- Have prior experience of Financial Due Diligence, ideally on both buy and sell side.
- Be an excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Have project management skills
- Be an effective time manager, able to keep calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be a team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Have counselling skills, though not essential
How organisations manage their capital agenda today will define their strategic position tomorrow. We help them work more efficiently and effectively, ensuring their long-term health by helping to raise, preserve, invest and optimise capital. You'll work with the world's largest organisations, fastest growing companies and private equity firms on some of the biggest and most complex cross-border engagements in the global market, helping them make better and more informed decisions.
As part of one of the largest professional services firms, we're currently strengthening our Europe, Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) expertise with a huge focus on cross-border engagements and deals. As market geographies shift, transactions increasingly involve stakeholders in different regions and therefore our EMEIA structure gives us a distinct advantage. And what's good for our clients is good for our people, with global mobilisation offering a wealth of diverse opportunities. Our people are broad-based transactions professionals who understand that managing a capital agenda today will define their client's strategic position tomorrow.
About EY and our Vision
We are extremely enthusiastic about our goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and reach out goals. In this context, we will help support your career to develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you're rewarded.