Senior Analyst, Modeling
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 17 Aug 17
Senior Analyst, ModelingThe Role
The role is based in Singapore and will report to the Head of Modeling, who in turn reports to the Head of Group Risk and Decision Management. The candidate is a senior team member and will be mentoring junior analysts. He/she is responsible for developing, implementing, validating and monitoring risk scorecards, Basel II models and other predictive models for the Personal Financial Services portfolios in Singapore and regionally.
- Develop new and enhance existing Basel II models, retail risk scorecards (application, behavioral, collection, etc.) and other non-risk predictive models (e.g., segmentation, response, retention, etc) to support credit risk and decision management functions of the Personal Financial Services portfolios in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia
- Conduct regular and ad-hoc performance review of scorecard, Basel II PD, LGD and EAD models, non-risk predictive models, as well as portfolio stress testing.
- Manage internal validation, internal audit and model approval processes, including liaison with regulators
- Research and explore new modeling methodologies (leveraging on UOB's Hadoop /big data platform) and alternative data sources (eg, telco, mobile, social media, etc.) to continuously enhance existing risk models.
- Work with the Analytics Support team to implement Basel II, risk scorecards, and other non-risk predictive models, including providing business requirements, conducting UAT and supporting the overall deployment of the models
- Develop and maintain Basel II, scoring and other model related documentation policies and procedures
- Work with UOB Group Risk Management on group-wide programs, such as Economic Capital model, ICAAP framework, stress testing and other initiatives
- Conduct periodic training and research and development of new models, methodologies and model applications
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative program, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Financial Engineering, etc. Business, Finance and Economics degrees with a strong quantitative focus and highly relevant working experience will be considered. MBA / post graduate degree is an added advantage
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in credit risk / decision science modeling, preferably in a retail banking environment. Consulting and risk vendor experiences will also be considered.
- Essential skills: SAS - Programming, Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner; SQL / AS400 query and database familiarity. Strongly desired: Spark, R and Python
- Analytical mind with sound business insight, excellent communicator (verbal and written), highly meticulous, and self-motivated
- Self starter, flexible with a proven ability to work well in teams, as well as being able to function with minimal supervision. People management experience is a plus
- Maturity that will enable the candidate to be a credible counterpart to business managers and senior management, and the ability to develop on-going 'trusted advisor' relationships based on the ability to understand, analyze, discuss and address key business challenges raised