Manager, Trade Operations Bankers Guarantee
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 19 Aug 17
Manager, Trade Operations Bankers GuaranteeJob Description
You will work in a team of about 6 staff and your primary responsibility is to assist the Unit Head to manage, supervise and approve the team's department daily transactions, ensuring that UOB overseas branches' transactions as well as Singapore customers' transactions are performed in a timely and accurate manner, within service level agreement, in accordance with regulatory requirements, guidelines and bank's procedures.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Assist to manage and approve day-to-day trade local and regionalised operations transactions, covering issuance of Banker's Guarantee.
- Assist the Unit Head to ensure that the Bank's policies, guidelines, control, regulatory, AML and compliance requirements are strictly adhered to.
- Review Banker's Guarantee formats and exceptions and to provide technical advice to Business units etc.
- Assist to review and update SOP and to educate staff of lower ranks on procedure changes etc.
- Ensure that areas of non-compliance highlighted by the auditors and compliance officers are followed up promptly and all staff are briefed accordingly to prevent recurrence.
- Provide training to staff within the team.
- Ensure timely and accurate service delivery in accordance with Service Level Agreement.
- Review and ensure operational problems, complaints and queries are resolved promptly and satisfactorily.
- Review new products and requirements with Business Units & Product Team and setup procedures to operationalize such service delivery to local customers and regionalised overseas branches.
- Assist the Unit Head on Human resource planning, development and staff management.
- At least 3 to 5 years of Banker's Guarantee operations experience, including at least 2 years of managing a local operations and/or regionalised center.
- Sound knowledge of UCP, URDG, ISP, MAS/ ABS Guidelines and experience in handling Banker's Guarantee process and claims.
- Certified for Specialists in Demand Guarantee (CSDG) preferred.
- Strong leadership and ability to work with all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong strategic planning and organizing skills.