IB Front Office Conduct Risk Assurance
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Aug 17
IB Front Office Conduct Risk Assurance
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide . Please visit our website here for more information.
The Chief Operating Office aims to be a world-class provider of simple, efficient, innovative and secure operation and technology services to deliver customer and shareholder value. Please visit our website here for more information.
· The IB Front Office Conduct Risk Assurance team provides independent, valued and timely assurance to supervisors and Senior Management over the effectiveness of governance, risk management and controls.
· The team are part of the IB Chief Controls Office and under the ERMF are part of the first line of defense.
· FO Conduct Risk Assurance team is accountable for executing a planned, systematic, documented programme of independent checking to evaluate and evidence the extent to which internal Conduct controls are operating effectively; Conduct risk is being effectively managed; and compliance with laws and regulations and the Firm's policy and procedures has been established.
· The IB Front Office Conduct Risk Assurance team also undertake, from time to time, investigations when incidents and events arise.
· Specifically, the FO Conduct Risk Assurance team focus on testing the extent to which existing Conduct focussed Policies, Standards, Frameworks and Procedures are understood by and embedded within the Front Office
· Work with 2 nd and 3 rd line assurance teams to align coverage and prioritisation of work, develop the 3LOD Conduct Assurance plan for the IB.
· Liaise with Front Office Senior Management on testing requirements
· Attend senior IB Risk and Control committees and present on Control Testing results
· Have a strong understanding of Markets (traded products) and Investment Banking products within a top tier financial institution.
· Excellent understanding of the principles of conduct risk and how this manifests itself across an IB.
· Understanding of current Regulator assessment and approach to Conduct Risk within an IB.
· An excellent understanding of modern governance, risk and control assessment techniques.
· Extensive experience in a front office supervisor role, internal audit, operational risk management or related disciplines, in the financial services industry.
· Strong networking & senior stakeholder management skills and able to negotiate and influence effectively.
· Good organization, planning and project management abilities.
· Thorough understanding of the key market, credit and operational risks operating across each asset class operating in a major FI trading floor.
· Bachelor's degree
· 7+ years financial services experience
· 5+ years experience in a front office supervisor role, product control, testing role, internal audit, operational risk management or related disciplines, in the financial services industry
· Strong commercial and product experience for all vanilla trading products
· Broad experience with investment banking products
· Very strong organization, planning and project management abilities.
· Strong understanding of the key market, credit and operational risks operating across each main asset class operating in a major trading floor and IBD business.
· Excellent communication abilities with well developed report writing skills and presentational skills).
· Commercial awareness and product knowledge for exotic trading products
· Experience of working in a major front office IB environment.
· Thorough knowledge of relevant PC packages, e.g. Word, Power Point & Excel.
· ACA or equivalent qualification / Audit / Risk Qualification
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .