ED/SVP, Business Analytics, Consumer Banking Group
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 18 Aug 17
See job description for details
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business – they were made just right for you.
- Responsible for the use of business analytics/ decision science to solve various business problems to support delivery of business and brand objectives for the consumer bank in Singapore.
- Drive strategic thinking in the business analytics function, develop a culture of delivering insights by focusing on business problem statements instead of generating data / reports.
- Drive continuous progression, performance and ingenuity in providing insights for data driven decisions
- Own and deliver targets for contextual messaging platform (contextual engagement and campaigns).
- Lead, manage and develop analytics team to drive initiatives and projects involving building, analyzing data sets which are robust and efficient for use across the consumer bank
- Lead team to create / maintain a suite of data models for use across the Consumer Bank using ‘best in class’ statistical techniques
- Ensure that models are reviewed, redesigned, optimized based on business need
- Responsible for developing a variety of robust statistical techniques used for the analysis of a diverse range of data.
- Monitor product performance and competitive environment; highlight important trends, gaps & opportunities for the business; cost-effective marketing, repricing or fee opportunities.
- Work with the key stakeholders (product/segment / channels) to ensure alignment of the objectives across business units (product/segment) and on the action plans required to achieve it.
- Leadership skills to manage a team of senior business analyst, data scientists and campaign planning and execution teams etc
- Strong influencing skills; strategic thinker; hands-on and delivery focused
- Good understanding of the data analytical techniques. Big picture view of analytics driving business impact.
- Ability to bridge the business understanding and analytical delivery.
- Good understanding of technology especially related to data storing, clean up, analytical/campaign tools.
- Ability to collaborate with Business, IT and Risk teams
- Degree holder with in-depth banking experience across, analytics, project management and finance
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.