CDN Administrator, IT Network Operations - Infrastructure Technology Solutions
- Permanent, Full time
- TD Securities
- 14 Aug 17
The IT Support Analyst is responsible for day to day support, administration, evaluation, testing, and implementation of security and CDN related services and tools.
Specific accountabilities of this role include:
- Work with members of application teams and other resources from the various lines of business(LOB's) to capture/document application behavior and network setup requirements for CDN setup
- Create change records, incidents and problem tickets required
- Order, sign and manage the deployment of vendor hosted certs
- Participate and support pre and post deployment testing
- Update and create support doc's, reports to LOB's or Execs and management teams
- Build or oversee the building of configurations using vendor portal.
- Assist in security and availability incidents
- Administration of users, groups and roles to vendor portals
- Update and manage service or project requests via ticketing systems.
- Manage vendor(s) side of CDN related changes and ensure adherence to change management processes and policies.
- Able to multi-task efficiently while dealing with a number of projects on the go. Be able to adjust priorities accordingly in a fast pace environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- SSL/ Application and Network – security certificates. Provisioning, installing, tracking and troubleshooting. Experience using OpenSSL, Symantec and other SSL tools.
The ideal candidate will have experience with supporting Akamai or a similar CDN (Content Data Network) setup. Strong experience is required in the following competencies with at least 3-5 years of hands on experience in:
- Managing the setup and upkeep of internet properties (i.e., URL's and hosts) that are offloaded to a CDN provider for DDOS prevention, WAF functionality as well as content caching, etc.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Good overall working knowledge with hands on experience on the way a CDN works, its requirements, setup procedures as well as upkeep requirements
- Knowledge and experience with WAF (Web Application Firewalls) used within the CDN
- Firewall rules and how they interact with CDN's
- Strong abilities and experience in troubleshooting applications in general, load balancing problems and DNS issues – these are skills that are required to troubleshoot typical CDN issues
- IRule and cookies knowledge
- Experience with Akamai's CDN a plus, other similar vendors experience may be acceptable
Experience in working with end user app developers, design leads, and project managers while assessing CDN needs and helping take the requirements to implementation
- Strong ITIL concepts including incident, problem and change management.
- Experience working with Architect/ Design team to help design of DNS/Load balancing
Knowing what is required from a security controls perspective as well as audit requirements
- TLS & SSL protocols and how they work in order to troubleshoot application issues while implementing CDN services
- Strong Certificate management knowledge and experience as it relates to CDN setup and its interaction with backend Application servers
- Internet security experience would be an asset.
- Self-motivated, possesses ability to work independently on a project from beginning to end with little supervision and meet expectations within projected timelines
- Ability to review, understand, edit and troubleshoot XML based configurations.
- Experience in building and managing support processes and documentation
- Ability to create custom reports using excel, Power Point, etc.
- Experience in administering BOTNET's within this context will be an asset.