AVP / Senior Associate, CRESA MIS/Business Planning Manager, CRESA, Technology and Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 17 Aug 17
See job description for details
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Provide analytical and forecasting, financial advisory models and cash flow positions, occupancy data and statistics management to enable CRESA to provide strategic direction to DBS Bank with regards to management of its portfolio of properties and support key disciplines by providing cost decision support for leasing, capital spend and facility management matters.
- Consolidate and coordinate CRESA Occupancy Expenses and be an interface to Group Finance to ensure annual budgeting, forecasting and month-end results are reflective of CRESA strategic direction
- Support Strategic Cost Management initiatives, and effectively track and provide timely reports to management
- Help in the preparation of financial and cash flow models to aid CRESA in deciding on key initiatives which may include lease/relocation strategies, buy vs lease strategies, Strategic Occupancy plans for countries
- Analyse & provide commentaries on Occupancy & Department actual vs budget/forecast spends
- Part of the team providing and assisting in above reports, including checking General Ledger proofing, accruals and passing journal entries and managing day-to-day payables and capital spend tracking
- Direct interaction with CRESA group functions and country managers on month end results, forecasts and annual budgets.
- Conducting and actively participating in meetings with all stakeholders, auctioning requests and responding to questions in a confident, professional and timely manner, including leading special reviews/initiatives.
- When required, lead on CRESA related audit substantiation, review and findings
- Continuously review and enhance tasks/deliverables to improve services and better managed costs.
- Implement robust practices to ensure strong control environment, and maintain control focus to ensure risks are managed
- Provide financial and cost decision analytics support for DBS’s portfolio in 6 key markets & rest of world.
- Update, monitor and analyse cost spend and occupancy data across Occupation costs, capital spend and operating expenses, and provide trending data for formulation of strategies
- Consolidate and provide annual budgets, forecasts, variance analysis reports, accruals and interface with Group Finance in formulating Group CRESA Occupancy expenses.
- Formulate, create and provide support to CRESA for effective Strategic Cost management strategies to achieve sustained cost and budget reductions year on year.
- Create and participate in financial modelling, cash-flow analysis of new capital projects, real estate lease vs buy strategies and cost decision support with new or renewal initiatives
- 4 - 6 years of experience in similar role or finance role in banking industry
- Experience in engaging/overseeing multiple countries
- Experience in providing value added MIS to senior clients, whilst managing their cost base
- CRE or corporate real estate experience preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.