Derivatives Settlements Associate - Warsaw
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Aug 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Derivative Settlements is seeking a professional with strong communication skills, Fx Operations and project experience along with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Derivative Settlements is a high-value risk and client facing team in Operations that across multiple asset classes, ensures the economics of our derivative transactions and the delivery of any cash flow exposures are appropriately risk managed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the trade lifecycle and associated cash flows by interacting with trading and sales in addition to middle office, treasury and valuations and help drive line involvement in some of our key strategic projects and deliverables.
• Partner with a team of settlement experts to deliver top notch client service while ensuring exposure risks are appropriately mitigated.
• Showcase your attention to detail and ability to manage several tasks at once by ensuring all trade economics and discrepancies are appropriately investigated and resolved, while managing client expectations and potential fail exposure.
• Identify processes and controls improvement by leveraging constant evolving tools that can be used to build scalability without introducing new risks.
• Grow with the team; develop a deep understanding of the businesses that are supported, the market landscape that can drive innovation and change, and how as a team and individual, you can play a role in it.
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years of experience in financial services for Associate role.
• Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail.
• Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience.
• Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.