Performance Test Lead
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 18 Aug 17
The Lead Performance Engineer work can be broken into several phases: Manage Stakeholder engagements, expectation management and communications Resource planning, allocation and escallation Review of product design and architecture Performance investigation of known issue through both static and analytical analysis Performance improvement guidance on both architectural and code levels Successful candidate should be innovative and flexible about translating high-level business goals into specific tasks, capable and comfortable communicating with stakeholders across all domains from Product/Business through to Operations, from Test Analysts to MDs. You should be comfortable taking initiative and working in a fast-paced environment with various product development teams.
Performance engineering analysis across multiple products across multiple software stacks:
- Various databases
- Cloud - covering both PaaS and IaaS
- Enterprise & application
- Enterprise Linux, Windows and Mainframe
- Virtualization technologies
Performance engineering work includes tasks such as:
- Deep-dive performance analysis with innovative solutions
- Static code analysis
- Workload/benchmark development and characterization
- Presentation of performance changes and engagement with development teams across the company
- Development of best-practice guides
- Assist product development life-cycle through performance improvement evaluation
- Maintain a professional relationship with all relevant stakeholders and team members
- Communicate promptly the correct tone, focus, content and transparency appropriate to the audience domain and level, including
- presentations, reports, emails, phone etc.
- Manage expectations
- Plan, manage and forecast resources, escalating as appropriate
- Team leadership
- MS degree (or higher) in computer science or electrical engineering with 5+ years of working experience
- Experience in performance engineering is a must
- Experience in databases and JVM is a must
- Experience in working with UNIX environments is a must
- Knowledge in virtualization technologies is a plus
- Experience in developing operating system code is a plus
- Experience in processors, server and storage technology is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to work efficiently and drive project deliveries
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Build, lead, mentor and manage a team of experienced Performance Engineers.
- Be a representative of the Non-Functional Testing discipline to your Stakeholders and the wider organisation.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
- As leader of the team, you will contribute to defining and developing bank-wide best practice for developing software with performance built in,
- drawing on your team's expertise
- Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to
- meet changing needs.
- Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. BS or MS degree or
- equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 5 years of software engineering and 3+ years of performance engineering or related experience.