TK IST, Interest Rate Derivatives - Java/Scala developer
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Aug 17
See job description for details
Candidate will be a member of a global team that provides technology solutions and trading platform for OTC interest rate derivatives trading business. The primary system is the front-office application for risk and scenarios calculation and reporting for trading desk and firm risk management. The candidate will be involved in the design and development and support of new system features and components required from the trading business, risk management and regulators.
The role requires someone who is self-motivated, quick-learning and comfortable working across numerous technologies, and who can take ownership of critical problems and work throughout the full project lifecycle from problem analysis to successful timely delivery of the solution.
A strong interest in learning about the business will contribute to the candidate's success in the team. The position provides opportunities for interaction with many front end business users including strategists and risk managers, as well as active engagement with other IT groups in the firm. Excellent communication skills are a big plus since direct interaction with users and global IT team is common.
- Strong software engineering, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in medium to large scale Java or Scala multi-threaded applications
- Knowledge of fixed income derivatives would be very preferable
- Experience in financial risk calculation and management system
- Experience in trader & sales pricing tools
- Experience in distributed computing or cloud computing, Java/Scala performance turning