Derivative Trading Operations - Analyst
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Aug 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is seeking an Analyst/Associate in the cross-asset Derivatives Confirmation Team.
The role is part of Derivative Trading Operations and is based in Tokyo. It supports mainly Tokyo FID & IED Sales and Trading desk business activities.
Key Daily responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Drafting ISDA Confirmation
(a) Interest Rates Derivatives trades executed by Tokyo trading desk
(b) FX Derivatives trades executed with domestic clients
(c) Equity Derivatives trades executed with domestic clients
Trade Affirmation and Confirmation Retrieval
(a) Client facing function related trade affirmation and ISDA Confirmation for Rates/Credit/FX/Equity Derivatives trades
(b) Follow up with Clients once a trade has been booked to Verbally Affirm the details of the trade
Ensuring accurate trade representation to match our internal risk booking.
* Identification of the type of Confirmation required and terms to be included based on the market convention and product
* Working with the trade support team, trading/sales desks to resolve economic and language discrepancies for paper Confirmations
* Involvement in Confirmation projects and renovation work and attend document meetings related to the Confirmations Issues
* Liaise with Credit and Legal teams on documentation related issues, and drafting of confirmation template
* Assist with MIS Reporting
* Because of the time-sensitive nature of the trading business, they should be prepared to work in a high intensity environment and occasionally work overtime when necessary.
*Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese Business Language
*Experience on ISDA Confirmations and Definitions will be an advantage.
*Strong understanding of risk and economic discrepancies
*Ability to work with colleagues in other locations, maintain communication and build rapport with these colleagues.
*High level of attention to detail.
*Ability to provide high levels of client service (internal & external)
*Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage daily workflow.
*Dedication on getting the job done.
*Ability to work through and close out issues.
*Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
*Commitment to strong work ethics and significant leadership potential
*Ability to work through and close out problems
*Further education in related financial discipline an advantage