IT Software Engineer - Equities - Algo Dev
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 16 Aug 17
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable algorithmic trading systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We're looking for someone like that!
This role is for a C++/Java developer in Tokyo, working on algorithmic execution systems used globally by Equities and FX. UBS consistently ranks number one in client surveys for the quality of those systems, which are co-developed by teams in all three main regions. Be part of the APAC team which has ownership of significant projects with global scope.
You will have the opportunity to
- Analyse complex business algorithmic execution and smart order routing requirements and design and implement solutions
- Work as part of an onshore scrum development team
- Collaborate with other global IT teams, business Quants and Traders across asset classes
- Contribute to all aspects of the development of the algorithmic execution system.
- Take part in system design and architectural decisions, as well as being responsible for implementation of new features and maintenance of existing functionality.
- Perform level 3 support; assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters. Don't worry though, this is typically less than 10% of your time.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working with the APAC Algo Development team in Hong Kong. The Asia-Pacific (APAC) part of the Algo IT team is located in three main hubs: Tokyo, Hong Kong and Sydney.
Team members work very closely with colleagues in the Quantitative Analytics team, the Direct Execution business, and with their global IT counterparts.
Your experience and skills
- First class knowledge of C++/Java (you're really excellent at this)
- The desire and ability to lead a growing team of Algo Developers in a hands on fashion
- A proven background in software engineering with a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline
- A track record of building enterprise solutions for complex business problems
- Successfully applied solutions to meet non-functional requirements such as stability, capacity, latency and throughput
- An understanding of the Linux operating system and server side development.
- Hands-on experience of agile software development practices and methodologies, especially scrum
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and a desire to work as part of a global team
It would be nice if you have:
– Experience working in a front office environment.
– Knowledge of algorithmic execution / automated trading systems.
– Equity and/or FX trading business knowledge
– APAC market knowledge
- Passionate about using software to solve complex business problems
- A proven team player able to work in a collaborative way across business units, teams and regions
- Self-motivated and are able to progress tasks with autonomy and integrity, you challenge when appropriate
- Comfortable working in a trading floor en
- OK to travel to other UBS locations when required.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.