Finance - Tax Associate (Hong Kong)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Aug 17
See job description for details
Reporting directly to Executive Directors. The candidate would be provided with direct exposure to Business Units and ability to grow in a diverse and challenging environment.
- Provide tax technical support to Firm businesses such as investment banking, institutional equities, fixed income, wealth management and asset management for various South East Asian markets (Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand), including talking to the front office desks.
- Compile and review of corporate tax returns and quarterly tax provision with respect to the coverage countries. Drafting of responses on tax audits, collation of documents and liaison with Finance Control Group (FCG) and other departments to compile data / documents
- Independently handle tax compliance matters and enquiry-handling including liaising with external advisors. Assist with regional projects
- Working with various internal departments, for example, the accounting, operations, legal departments, to obtain information and resolve issues.
- Dealing with New York Tax department concerning tax reporting of local results to the US, including understanding and explaining the Effective Tax Rate for coverage countries
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with high GPAs
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Practical knowledge in tax-related rules and regulations in multiple jurisdictions preferred (South East Asian tax countries' knowledge a plus).
- Knowledge of Transfer Pricing preferred
- Meticulous and attention to detail, hard working, team player
- Willing to handle compliance issues independently