Corporate Treasury - Treasury Capital Markets Manager (Hong Kong)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Aug 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm-wide risk management and risk reduction. The Global Treasurer manages Corporate Treasury, a department consisting of approximately 130 employees globally, and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. Within the Finance Division, Corporate Treasury plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
Corporate Treasury manages the Firm's liquidity and capital resources and accesses funding markets to support the Firm's business-as-usual business objectives and stressed liquidity requirements. In addition, Corporate Treasury maintains relationships with the Firm's industry and government regulators, coordinates its relationships with rating agencies, lenders and creditors, manages the Firm's structural foreign exchange and interest rate exposures, and serves as a conduit of financial information to the outside investment and regulatory community.
Corporate Treasury's policies and strategy are informed in part by the regulatory landscape in which the Firm currently operates. Corporate Treasury provides essential information to the Firm's business units regarding cost allocation for financial resources; establishes and maintains the Firm's liquidity, unsecured funding and capital policies and procedures; and reports regularly on liquidity, funding and capital issues to various internal risk and control committees, bank regulatory bodies, as well as to the Firm's Board of Directors.
Corporate Treasury is structured into multiple areas of expertise, including funding, liquidity planning, liquidity management, risk management, capital planning, legal entity management and strategy and operations management. The Corporate Treasury function operates primarily in New York, London, Hong Kong and Japan, with additional presence in other regions. The Asia region consists of a hub in Hong Kong and regional offices in Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, Singapore, and Mumbai.
Corporate Treasury is seeking a Manager-level professional based in Hong Kong with experience in, funding execution and/or liquidity. The Treasury team in Hong Kong is responsible for Asia Pacific Treasury coverage including liquidity, balance sheet and capital management, as well as funding of Asian currencies for the firm. This Hong Kong Treasury Capital Markets role will require regular and direct interactions with teams outside Treasury, such as Bank Resource Management, Operations, Financial/Product Control Groups and Tax.
As a member of Asia Corporate Treasury, the Hong Kong Treasury Capital Markets Manager will:
- Assist in the Asian Treasury Capital Markets team with their day-to-day activities;
- Advise business units on optimal funding structure and liquidity mix;
- Analyze funding and liquidity impact from business plans and activities;
- Identify liquidity and funding risks, and recommend and implement mitigating actions;
- Partner with infrastructure teams including Finance, Tax and Legal on funding execution
- Analyze market data and business trends to assist senior management decision-making on liquidity and funding management;
- Assist in global and regional strategic projects
- University degree (BSc or BA) preferably in a Finance, Economics or Accounting at a minimum
- Master's degree / MBA / CFA, a strong plus
- 5-6 years of experience, preferably from global securities firm or large bank
- Strong, analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and understand constituent parts of issues, business structures and their inherent funding mechanisms
- Demonstrates ability to form and propose rational conclusions and solutions to complex problems
- Ability to absorb new information and take rational decisions in a fast-moving, deadline-driven environment; adept at managing high-priority deliverables in a fast-paced, high energy level environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; additional Asian languages a strong plus
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting and educating Business Units, External Clients and colleagues
- Flexibility and aptitude to interact with all levels of seniority
- Strong teamwork skills with an ability to work with virtual teams and colleagues across the regions contributing to common goals
- Ability to develop relationships and rapport with senior management and other key stakeholders across Finance, Firm Management, Tax, Legal, Operations and Technology
- Self-motivated with high personal standards for quality of work
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.*LI-SC2