Associate - Banking
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Aug 17
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Our sector-focused Banking relationship managers provide a single coverage point for multi-national clients. With our global capabilities and footprint, vast expertise and local knowledge, our Banking teams connect clients to the products and services that meet their global financial needs.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Associate.
In this role, you will
- Proactively support the regional management team to deliver the strategic initiatives
- Managing and owning project deliverables which contribute to business objectives
- Being accountable for driving initiatives such as client optimisation, client review or business review
- Assist to produce high quality management reports, analytical tools, presentations and analysis in line with business requirements
- Leverage on data available from client relationship management and Finance systems to facilitate business reviews and decisions
- Support delivery of changes or improvements to the coverage model
- Interface with the in country teams particularly the local Chief Operation Officer teams, to provide strategic input and help drive the global initiatives
- Work on strategic client planning and provide support and guidance on Client Vision and Omnia or Horis
- Support technology updates and implementations where required
- Working closely with all areas of Global Banking as well as the global Functions, share best practice and ensure connectivity across Region
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with other business areas such as Commercial Banking, Group Strategy, Global Control Management and Global Transaction Finance.
- In this role you will be dealing with senior stakeholders providing you with excellent opportunities to widen your network
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Past working experience in a relevant role in Coverage, Business management and Strategy
- University degree of relevant discipline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must possess excellent follow up skills and ability to develop strong rapport across the organization.
- Good understanding of the full spectrum of banking products and services for Global Banking clients
- Strong decision making, problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to influence senior executives, operate under pressure, multi task, and be driven
- Enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills
- Personal integrity, independent and detailed oriented qualities
- Strong ability to manage challenging deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Robust analytical and data management skills
- Built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009M03
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited