Global Equity Reporting team - Database Developer
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Aug 17
See job description for details
Within the TEDRA Super-Department, the Internal Trade Activity Reporting Applications Department (ITARA) develops and supports systems and infrastructure for trade data-related report generation and distribution, high performance business intelligence platforms, data extraction, and data marts for internal users.
Within the ITARA Department, the Equity Reporting (ER) team is charged with providing innovative reporting solutions for our users. This includes building data marts, Business Intelligence solutions and standalone reports that have the requisite functionality and performance to meet their needs. Our clients cover a broad range including Sales and Trading Desks, Risk, Finance, Operations, External Counterparties and Technology. The individual will be expected to liaise frequently with people from all of these areas.
This is a diverse role which provides great personal and professional development opportunities. This opening will suit a confident, proactive and enthusiastic individual with an appetite for client interaction, responsibility and hands-on technology exposure. This role will give the successful individual a high-profile role in a dynamic, global team.
We are looking for a candidate with a proven track record in delivering high-quality solutions to end-users, and the desire to expand on their business knowledge and leadership skills.
The position's main responsibilities involve:
- Liaising with our clients to understand their data needs
- Report development (SQL, Business Objects, PERL)
- Database query performance tuning (DB2, Sybase)
- Analysis on reporting tasks to identify the most appropriate data sources/extraction techniques.
- SQL development experience (Sybase, DB2)
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and SQL performance tuning
- Strong UNIX/PERL scripting skills
- Self-starter with strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Team player able to learn quickly and work collaboratively across global teams
- Highly motivated to expand their technical and business knowledge and understanding
- Fluent understanding of the complete software development lifecycle
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Proficient in Shell
- Knowledge of Business Objects