- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Aug 17
See job description for details
TS Business Analyst
The ideal candidate should have the skills listed below but in addition should be a self driven, dedicated individual who works well in a team and thinks and acts strategically. In addition, the candidate should respond well to change and quickly pick up new concepts in an ever moving regulatory landscape. When faced with a problem, the candidate should be able to ask questions and leverage the skill set of those around him/her.
The ISG Trade Surveillance group is responsible for the prevention and investigation of abusive, manipulative or illegal trading practices in the securities markets that are either customer or firm initiated. This group identifies patterns of trading behavior across multiple asset classes that may be an indication of market manipulation before these can compromise the firm's reputation.
- Work closely with clients to define the scope and business requirements
- Build clients relationships and manage expectations
- Create prototypes for business valuation and feedback
- Write detailed functional requirements and use cases
- Partner with data providers to ensure model requirements are met
- Support development team in creating detailed technical specifications
- Manage the QA team with test case writing, planning and execution
- Perform independent validation with a client centric focus
- Conduct UAT, training sessions and user demos
- Support ongoing user requirements and investigate issues
Skills & experience
The candidate should be capable of understanding and solving highly complex problems, have excellent communication skills and have financial services experience, preferably in the areas of investment banking and trading.
- Business Analysis experience
- Data Analysis experience; Strong data analytical skills (SQL)
- Capital Markets knowledge, preferably in Sales & Trading or Investment Banking
- Knowledge of trades data, positions data, reference data.
- IT Project Management and SDLC knowledge/experience (Waterfall, Agile)
- IT knowledge/experience
- Experience working in medium to large-scale development projects
- Excellent written and communication skills