- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 19 Aug 17
Java Developer - Webmethods / FUSE
Java Developer - Webmethods / FUSEMacquarie's COG (Corporate Operations Group) Technology team provides technology services to the Banking and Financial Services (BFS) Wealth business unit responsible for a range of products, including Macquarie Wrap, Macquarie Vision and Macquarie Online Trading.
The BFS Wealth Originations team has a number of strategic business initiatives kicking-off, in addition to our BFS-wide DevOps transition, and continuous delivery technology strategy which is underpinned by a focus on APIs and a move to Cloud.
Within the COG Technology Wealth Originations team there is an opportunity for an experienced Developer to join this diverse and innovative Agile team to support the design and development of key initiatives, further improve our platform, and drive continuous improvement across the team.
The role will comprise:
- design, development, testing, implementation, and support of software solutions with a focus on quality and enterprise agile principles
- devOps practices where you will be expected to contribute across the full development lifecycle
- working in a team-focused, geographically diverse, agile environment where continuous improvement and collaboration are prioritised
- a diverse range of development challenges including new web services and APIs in Java, Webmethods and Fuse
- helping us reduce technical debt and migrate from legacy Java and Webmethods implementations as we strive for STP of our applications
To be successful in the role, we'd expect you to have:
- proven experience in Webmethods
- proven experience with Core / Enterprise Java, and the Spring framework
- proven experience with relational databases (Oracle and Sybase) SQL, and stored procedures
- proven experience implementing and consuming SOAP and Restful web services (cxf, jax-rs)
- experience with Unix, Ctrl-M and batch processing (ksh and/or Spring Batch)
- knowledge of secure coding principles
- Familiarity with dev and CI/CD tools such as TOAD, DB Artisan, Eclipse, Maven, Git, Stash, SVN, Bamboo / Jenkins
- proven ability to learn quickly, solve problems, prioritise effectively, and make great decisions in a complex and fast-moving environment
- Knowledge and aptitude for Quality Engineering. Proven experience with tools such as junit, Selenium, Cucumber (or equivalent)
Optional but highly desirable skills:
- experience in development for Financial Services
- experience with micro services and contemporary integration technologies such as FUSE
- experience with API Gateway technology such as APIGEE
- Familiarity with cloud platforms and technologies such as AWS, docker and openshift
We facilitate a range of different flexible working hours within our teams - please talk to us to learn more.
Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services including workplace, HR, technology and market operations to drive operational excellence. Technology provides business-aligned account management, software development and manages Macquarie's enterprise-wide technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 17 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time