- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 19 Aug 17
Java DeveloperWe are seeking a Java Developer for a permanent position within our Tools and Automation team ( Team LEGO). You will have a solid background in development using the Java technology stack and be experienced with both Agile and DevOps principles. We require someone with the ability to speak to people at all levels within IT and Business in a demanding problem solving context, to be able to work autonomously, as well as having the ability to deliver continuous support service improvement during downtime.
- Actively contribute to the design and development of continuous improvement processes and tools to be used by all Corporate Asset Finance Delivery Teams.
- Support Delivery teams in their DevOps adoption.
- Software Development of both front-end and back-end applications.
About You :
To be successful in this role you will have development experience in the following technologies:
- Java, SQL, SpringBoot, Hibernate, RESTful Web Services
- Continuous Integration/Delivery using Maven, Bamboo, Git
- Scripting in both Unix/Linux & Windows environments
Experience in the following technologies will be highly regarded:
- Automated testing technologies such as ROBOT, Cucumber, Karma/Jasmine, Mockito
- Cloud Technologies, specifically AWS
- Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Automated deployment tools such as uDeploy
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are needed to be successful and you will also possess the following:
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum team
- Experience with performing operations functions such as supporting production (and non-prod) systems, performing deployments, etc.
- Proven problem solving experience
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Eagerness to improve existing tools and processes to allow for faster delivery of software
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be a team player
Apply using the appropriate channel and if you need further information please call Chirag Bhojani on 02 82324419
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Advertised: 02 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 03 Oct 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time