Defence Engineering Sydney & Newcastle
See job description for details
- Outstanding opportunity to join our Engineering Advisory practice;
- Opportunities in Sydney and Newcastle to make your own mark in our business;
- Flexible working arrangement available.
Your new role
Because of the success we have had in our Defence Engineering Advisory business we are looking for people with a specialisation in Maritime Engineering and Maritime Sustainment to join us. You will with the client to establish system technical requirements, then work with and/or on behalf of the client in design reviews, technical audit, and test and evaluation to ensure that the delivered system meets the requirements.
You bring to the role
- Highly developed communications, collaboration and problem solving skills, and a track record of achieving of results;
- Possess knowledge of pertinent technology, and can apply systems thinking to describe a requirement without prematurely closing off design innovation;
- Hold working knowledge of relevant Defence and industry standards, and the applicable technical regulartory frameworks to ensure safe and suitable outcomes;
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Engineering, specifically in Maritime Engineering;
- To be successful you must be an Australian citizen, with the ability to obtain a security clearance. Ideally,you will hold a current AGSVA (or recently lapsed) security clearance.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Advertised: 07 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time