Cloud Support Engineer - Storage \u0026 Content Delivery
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Cloud Support Engineer - Storage \u0026 Content DeliveryCloud Storage, Content Delivery Networks, Transcoding, Streaming and Messaging. These are the kinds of services that we work with daily in Premium Support. We know the technology intimately and eagerly keep abreast with where it is moving. It is through this passion that we support our customers in their creative ventures.
You will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies, interacting and mastering the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, fanatical about Cloud Computing and believe that world class support is critical to customer success and innovation.
AWS Support provides technical support and advice to a wide range of customers as they build mission critical applications with the full suite of our services. The team is globally distributed, working under a follow-the-sun model and is growing rapidly.
Amazon was recently voted #5 most admired company in the US, #1 most innovative and #1 in Customer Service.
Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in web related technologies and services. Being a member of Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructure, applications and ideas into the Cloud.
Are you ready to make a difference and help our customers to make the most of AWS?
Every single day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' varied needs
• Interact and collaborate with leading technologists around the world
• Work directly with Amazon Web Services Architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
• Leverage your experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
• Drive customer communication during critical events
• Strong Linux or Windows system administrator skills
• Experience operating and troubleshooting email services and SMTP
• Knowledge of client/server and distributed systems architectures
• Knowledge of large scale storage architectures and backup/DR strategies
• Experience with scripting
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Customer service experience / strong customer focus
• Strong multitasking skills
• Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
• Motivated and excited to be learning new technologies every single day
• Understanding of Content Delivery Networks
• Experience troubleshooting filesystem, block and object storage
• Detailed knowledge of storage protocols: iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, SMB
• Good understanding of networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, TCP
• Expertise with iperf, MTR, traceroute, dig
• Understanding of streaming video (H264, MP4, WEBM, HLS, Smooth Streaming)
• Experience with search engines (solr / lucene)
• Prior working experience with AWS
• Experience with Cloud architecture patterns and distributed computing concepts
• Messaging and Queueing experience
• Experience working with REST API based services
• Exposure to security concepts and standard methodologies