Senior Consultant / Manager - Payments Advisory, Management Consulting
See job description for details
- Join Australia's leading Payments Advisory Practice
- Develop your skills within an Advisory environment with access to various blue chip clients
- Looking for flexibility - ask us how
KPMG has Australia's leading Payments advisory practice, playing a significant role in the industry wide New Payments Platform Program initiative and working with individual banks and specialised payments providers to provide business and technology advice.
KPMG is seeking to further expand its Payments capability and is looking to recruit high calibre individuals to join their team.
Your new role
Organisations must evolve to meet the changing expectations of retail and corporate customers, or else risk being disintermediated by disruptors. KPMG's Payments advisory practice is passionate about helping our clients work through this changing landscape. You will be working in a highly motivated payments team to help organisations across a number of industries to improve their performance by:
- Understanding the importance of payment strategy on business operations and the customer experience
- Considering the role of payments platforms within the wider business product function, defining the business requirements. operational rules contingency plans and disaster recovery
- Understanding the technical basis of payments, including ISO 20022 message standards and other national and global messaging standards
- Discovering cost takeout and revenue enhancing opportunities while preserving and deepening valuable customer relationships
- Articulating customer and business trends in the payments space, such as digitisation, fintech disruption and changing payment channels
- Strategise changes to customer channels (mobile, internet, phone and branch) and customer preferences in payments
To be considered for this opportunity you will demonstrate relevant tertiary qualifications coupled with experience gained within payment programs. This will be within a similar consulting environment or in-house roles within financial institutions or payment service or software providers. You will also have:
- An enquiring mind and curiosity
- A passion for complex problem solving
- A willingness to work with ambiguity and uncertainty
- A passion for understanding the real business drivers to any situation
- A desire to collaborate with others and arrive at the best solution through multiple iterations of design
- An understanding that real customer value must be the driver for any solution to a problem
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 10 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 15 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time